BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the BMW community. I got a 2001 325i and after a day of driving it decided that life would be fruitless without a bimmer! I LOVED it to death! Notice I said loved not love. My xperience turned disgusting after I noticed a foul smell that just wont go away.... this smell made it impossible for me to show off the car to friends. 2wks later I took it back to the dealer... 4 days of scrutiny they discovered a dead decayed rodent in the filtration system. After I lost it and threatened litigation they offered me a 2002 325i. I waited for 8 days for it to be ready, picked it up and what do you know, the next morning the car wouldnt start, when it finally did the brake and parking lights were out! I will not disclose the dealership I got the cars from (they always offer to buy your car if you dont buy theirs!) but I returned that bad boy the next day, drove to an authorized BMW dealer and got a certified 2003 325i and I am loving it!!!! My whole xperience was more horrified than I have described but it was worth it!!! I love my Bimmer, and dont know how I survived washington beltway without it... And if you guys dont mind I would be asking alot of newbie questions in the future, BE KIND.

·
Registered
668 Posts
jbestman007 said:
I am new to the BMW community. I got a 2001 325i and after a day of driving it decided that life would be fruitless without a bimmer! I LOVED it to death! Notice I said loved not love. My xperience turned disgusting after I noticed a foul smell that just wont go away.... this smell made it impossible for me to show off the car to friends. 2wks later I took it back to the dealer... 4 days of scrutiny they discovered a dead decayed rodent in the filtration system. After I lost it and threatened litigation they offered me a 2002 325i. I waited for 8 days for it to be ready, picked it up and what do you know, the next morning the car wouldnt start, when it finally did the brake and parking lights were out! I will not disclose the dealership I got the cars from (they always offer to buy your car if you dont buy theirs!) but I returned that bad boy the next day, drove to an authorized BMW dealer and got a certified 2003 325i and I am loving it!!!! My whole xperience was more horrified than I have described but it was worth it!!! I love my Bimmer, and dont know how I survived washington beltway without it... And if you guys dont mind I would be asking alot of newbie questions in the future, BE KIND.
Dead rodent is the standard on 325i. You should have upgraded to 330i to avoid it. 330i comes with rodent delete no cost option.

j/k welcome and enjoy your... third BMW!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Wallenrod said:
Dead rodent is the standard on 325i. You should have upgraded to 330i to avoid it. 330i comes with rodent delete no cost option.

LMAO :D

·
Lurking around since 2005
1,349 Posts
Wallenrod said:

haha...welcome jbestman007, hope your future with BMW is a lot better then the start

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
Thank god for the microfilters :rofl:

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
Wallenrod said:
Speaking of options, there is a "rodent protection" kit available from BMW. Click here. I guess your first car wasn't equipped with it :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
jbestman007 said:
Notice I said loved not love. My xperience turned disgusting after I noticed a foul smell that just wont go away.... this smell made it impossible for me to show off the car to friends. 2wks later I took it back to the dealer... 4 days of scrutiny they discovered a dead decayed rodent in the filtration system.
This is why forced induction is a bad idea...

·
Registered
2022 M3
4,236 Posts
Terry Kennedy said:
Speaking of options, there is a "rodent protection" kit available from BMW. Click here. I guess your first car wasn't equipped with it :D
The things you come up with, Terry. You're amazing!

If I remember correctly, all US cars come with 823 (warm weather equipment) and this kit is incompatible with 823, it says in the pdf. Just a caution for anyone who is having marten problems who is thinking of jumping on this one! :D

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
LMC said:
If I remember correctly, all US cars come with 823 (warm weather equipment) and this kit is incompatible with 823, it says in the pdf. Just a caution for anyone who is having marten problems who is thinking of jumping on this one! :D
Among other things, this kit adds a high-voltage wire around the bottom of the car (the installation instructions include testing it by drawing a 1/2" spark between the wire and the car body
). Somehow, I doubt BMW will sell this kit in the lawsuit-happy US. And, while there is a warning label, it gets riveted to the underside of the car so the marten doesn't have to get a stiff neck looking up to read the warning label :yikes:

·
Super Moderator
14,970 Posts
konrad330xi said:
I thought the "live rodent option" was a ZHP exclusive. :)

Oh, and ask away. There are a lot of very knowledgable folks here...I wish I were one of them.
Nah...ZHP rodent comes with sneakers... :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.