Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked it up this afternoon. 2016 CPO with about 28K miles. It seems to be in great shape and has just about all the options except the Competition Package. I had been searching for a while and the biggest issue I had was trying to find one with most options including the power rear sunshade (which was a priority for us here in Arizona).

I got CPO coverage and maintenance included for the next 22 months. Total price was just over $52K which I thought was fair. I figure at a minimum I'll get an oil service, front brakes and the 40K mile major service before the clock expires on me.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello as I'm moving over from many years spent in the e46 330i part of the forum. My ZHP was a great car.....but it's M time for me now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Enjoy! I wish I had the weather you had, although I'd probably have 100,000 km's in a year! lol. Curious, were the other options more important to you than the comp pack, or just hard to find everything you wanted? I kinda "settled" for my car, it wasn't the exact colour I was looking for (had one in Ontario but it sold locally before my guy could secure it), and a few less options but I am very happy with it none the less. I was too impatient to wait months for one on order :)

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Enjoy! I wish I had the weather you had, although I'd probably have 100,000 km's in a year! lol. Curious, were the other options more important to you than the comp pack, or just hard to find everything you wanted? I kinda "settled" for my car, it wasn't the exact colour I was looking for (had one in Ontario but it sold locally before my guy could secure it), and a few less options but I am very happy with it none the less. I was too impatient to wait months for one on order :)
I did want the Comp package but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. Coming from a Jet Black 330i my wife only had two requests....1) Don't get black and 2) Get a car that has the sunshades. I've been married long enough to know the old adage, "happy wife...happy life!" :D

This car had a nice color combo IMO (Mineral Gray, Silverstone leather) and the black wheels, black kidney grills, etc. The Exec Package, Driver Assist Package, power sunshade, enhanced bluetooth, etc. pretty much got me everything I needed....except the Comp package. Once we started negotiating and I had the 2 additional years of warranty AND maintenance it became a no-brainer. At a minimum I should get a front brake job, oil service and then some type of major service (40k miles?) all in the next two years.

Best of all for me....if I had bought new for $82K I would have felt a need to keep the car a really long time (that's just kind of how my mind works). Buying it for $50ish as a CPO has me thinking that I could be back in the market for the next M3 evolution when it's new in 2025/2026.

The CPO market is interesting. My advice to people would simply be to make a list of your "must have" options, colors, etc. Then have a second list of the things you want but could do without. When you find a car that has all of your must-haves and several of your wants jump on it! You never really know how long it will take to find the car you're looking for that's coming back from a lease.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We're twinsies! lol. Except mine has black interior. Even looking for a new model, it was hard to find what I wanted without ordering, there weren't a lot around and then just finding one with CP seemed difficult. That was my one caveat. Well have fun with your new whip, I'm just hoping for spring :)

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
Congrat nice pick up with low mileages excellent shape.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts