Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I joined the forum a few months back, but it***8217;s not until tonight that I***8217;ve become a BMW owner. Purchased a 2003 540 M Sport. I won***8217;t have it in my hands for a few weeks, but I look forward to joining discussions here and learning from the community when I***8217;m in need of help or answers to noob questions.

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
Hi and welcome to Bimmerfest :thumbup:.

Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. Enjoy it. Any specifics
Thanks! I will be meeting the car and the owner to finalize the deal in about a week and a half. I***8217;m flying to the car and driving it home. Leap of faith, but so far so good with all communication with the current owner.

It***8217;s an M Sport, Sterling Gray. Automatic with cold weather package. 140,000 miles, one owner. He***8217;s taken very good care of it, with all maintenance records from the beginning. Most of the issues I***8217;ve learned about from researching these cars have been addressed along with all major milestone work - new water pump, new radiator, new expansion tank. All seals are new, along with new valve covers and gaskets. 8,000 miles on current set of Continentals. Lots of other maintenance and replacements in the past five years. On paper, I feel great about the work that***8217;s been done so far.

I***8217;m thinking the VANOS sensor will need attention soon, if not now. Also, I expect the timing chain to be an issue anytime in the next 10,000 miles-plus.

I***8217;m more excited than nervous, but I***8217;d be lying if I didn***8217;t say I***8217;m a bit nervous. I***8217;ve looked for one of these for a few years now and haven***8217;t come across this combination of price, maintenance, one-owner care, appearance, and options combo.

I***8217;ll have a nine hour drive ahead of me once the deal is done. Wish me luck! Pointers, tips and gotchas welcome too. I***8217;ll provide more details and my initial experience once I have it home (weekend of January 12).

Really looking forward to connecting with people on this forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts