BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D....Recently just purchased a 2005 silver gray 330xi......drove my 4runner for the last 8yrs, and this is quite a change to say the least(trying to get used to being so low to the ground!).....Anyway, the only major upgrade I want to make right now is rims...The dealer told me that they could fit 18in ones on there...but I have seen quite a few of you on here with 17in ones that look nice....So my first question is what would yall reccommend,18 or 17in with my all season tires??...then, I want factory rims, which style looks the best?, and where can I find them w/o having to go to the dealer??...any help would be much appreciated...thanks!!

·
Adolescent On-Call
3,262 Posts
Beanie said:
...this is quite a change to say the least(trying to get used to being so low to the ground!
You'll soon think your too high off the ground and look for ways to lower your xi. :D

I don't think 18" rims are advisable for my '03, so you might double check their compatibility with your '05.

Congratulations! :thumbup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congrat! :thumbup: I go with 18

Beanie said:
:D....Recently just purchased a 2005 silver gray 330xi......drove my 4runner for the last 8yrs, and this is quite a change to say the least(trying to get used to being so low to the ground!).....Anyway, the only major upgrade I want to make right now is rims...The dealer told me that they could fit 18in ones on there...but I have seen quite a few of you on here with 17in ones that look nice....So my first question is what would yall reccommend,18 or 17in with my all season tires??...then, I want factory rims, which style looks the best?, and where can I find them w/o having to go to the dealer??...any help would be much appreciated...thanks!!

Attachments

·
Padawan
1,430 Posts
Do you not plan on having a set of winter tires? I don't know what winters are like where you are; I guess with a 4Runner you never had to. To me there is no competition, I think 18's look way better on an e46 (and I'm partial to Style 71's :D).

Then you can get a set of winter tires for your 17's and really have fun when it snows. :)

--J.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JonathanIT said:
Do you not plan on having a set of winter tires? I don't know what winters are like where you are; I guess with a 4Runner you never had to. To me there is no competition, I think 18's look way better on an e46 (and I'm partial to Style 71's :D).

Then you can get a set of winter tires for your 17's and really have fun when it snows. :)

--J.
Yah...Ohio winters are not fun....but I thought with my all season tires, I would be cool...so you suggest a set of winter tires as well??....thx for the tip
! i am gonna look into the 18in :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.