1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Ölmeßstabmeister
762 Posts
Wow -- that car has no actual body panels visable -- it looks like the entire car is covered in a jellybean camo! Makes it almost look like a messed up Civic...

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Until now i was planning on purchasing a 1 series for my wife. But if they want 26k for THAT ?!? No Way. I hope that it changes in price and looks. Id rather get a WRX or RSX or something.

And please loose the integra headlights

20,210 Posts
the $26,000 has got to be accurate, IMO. As the article states, it will fill the price gap between the MINI and the 3/4 series in the future. Why would they price something that robs from the MINI?

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
atyclb said:
the $26,000 has got to be accurate, IMO. As the article states, it will fill the price gap between the MINI and the 3/4 series in the future. Why would they price something that robs from the MINI?
I agree...And the $26,000 is probably sticker with a fair amount of options. I'll bet a bare bone, spare all options small output 1 series will probably run about $22,000, the top end of a Mini Cooper (S trim).

Lastly, don't forget you will get in the 1 series almost EVERYTHING that is standard in a 3 series...DSC, Powerdoors/windows, A/C, CD player...etc. A completely stripped, no options 1 series is still a decent buy compared to a fully optioned out VW.

·
Mostly Reading
148 Posts
Well, the current 325i without options is around $28k. $26k for the 1 series better be fully loaded, or why would anyone buy it instead of the 3er?

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Hack, if you're right, that makes it alot more reasonable. I was expecting them to start at 22k, but the original post made me think they started at 26k

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
dduk said:
Well, the current 325i without options is around $28k. $26k for the 1 series better be fully loaded, or why would anyone buy it instead of the 3er?
One possibility, is that the 3ers will get a huge price hike to about $32 sans options. Notice the 1 series will come out the same time the E90 is coming out?

Hopefully BMW will keep the price of the 3er/4er around the same price, and that the E90 will go back to grassroot like the old E30...Light weight, tossible, emphasis on sports and performance rather than luxury.

I can see the 1-7 (not counting the ///Ms) series filling every single pricing niche from $20,000 to $80,000, with Z cars plugging in small holes here and there.

1 series: $20-26K
2 series: $22-28K
3 series: $28-38K
M1/M2: $30-33K
Z5: $30-35K
4 series: $30-42K
Z4: $33-40K
5 series: $38-55K
M3/M4: $50-55K
X5: $45-60K
6 series: $40-60K
7 series: $65-75K
M5: $70K
M6: $80-100K ???
Z8: $125K+

Rumored re-development of the fabled M1: Priceless.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dredmo said:
Until now i was planning on purchasing a 1 series for my wife. But if they want 26k for THAT ?!? No Way. I hope that it changes in price and looks. Id rather get a WRX or RSX or something.

And please loose the integra headlights
Well the Integra headlights are obviously part of the disguise. This prototype is definitely very very disguised, can't make out anything, other than the approximate size.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
What I'm wondering is where all the 'flame surfacing' is. I guess its not at that stage yet. I don't doubt that it will have plenty of it when its released.

Hopefully it will look a lot better when its done, as that proto reminds me of a Datsun F10.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kaz said:
What I'm wondering is where all the 'flame surfacing' is. I guess its not at that stage yet. I don't doubt that it will have plenty of it when its released.

Hopefully it will look a lot better when its done, as that proto reminds me of a Datsun F10.
Well I'm sure its there, we just don't see it. I think we can assume that its gonna look a lot like the CS1 concept, at least based on every single article thats been out about the CS1, because all of them mention "what you're looking at is the new 1-series...." or "just imagine the CS1 with a roof, and you know what the 1-series will be like"

I think these pics are pretty accurate:

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
:) I like it. Honestly, Bangle isn't completely crazy. The stupid Z motif on the Z4 can go (the rest of the lines are fine) and so can the strange hindquarters of the new 7, but the everything else I've seen is decent.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I can't see them selling huge amounts of Golf-style hatchbacks for $26K. On the other hand, the 2-series coupe pictures are a little more promising. Since they'll be making the 1-series/2-series in Regensburg, Euro delivery pricing will surely be an option. It'd be fun to combine one of these little bimmers with a European vacation.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
The latest pictures posted look very promising. I really like the 4 dr Sedan. I hope those pictures are fairly accurate. If so, I would have to say that buying one, would definately be back on the table. But not for 26K. I could get a 3 series for about that.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
aardvark said:
I can't see them selling huge amounts of Golf-style hatchbacks for $26K. On the other hand, the 2-series coupe pictures are a little more promising. Since they'll be making the 1-series/2-series in Regensburg, Euro delivery pricing will surely be an option. It'd be fun to combine one of these little bimmers with a European vacation.
Well, the MB C-Coupe seems to be selling quite well around here. Although, E36 Compacts also sold well here in SoCal as well...

And I believe the 1er/2er will be made in the new Liepzig (ex-E. Germany) plant once its operational.

·
non sequitur
888 Posts
Interesting, but an M powered version with only 177HP? Even for a lightweight production car that's not enough.

I wonder, is that an intercooler I see in the lower front grille?

As for the size it looks fine for a small coupe, but a sedan to replace the 3er sedan looks out of the question. 26K seems rather pricy... It had better come with a frickin CD-changer standard. :p

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
fuz said:
Interesting, but an M powered version with only 177HP? Even for a lightweight production car that's not enough...
Sorry Fuz, but I disagree...

Why is 177HP not enough? I mean, the Elise has "only" 190HP and goes from 0-62 in 4.4s... Sure, I'm pretty damn sure the M2 won't weigh just 1,480lbs, but then again, I bet you the M2's not supposed to be a "track use only" kind of car... I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not because it's got only 177HP that it'll suck performance-wise... The E30 M3 had less than 200HP (192HP I think), right? ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
fuz said:
Interesting, but an M powered version with only 177HP? Even for a lightweight production car that's not enough.
Hey don't forget the size of the BMW horses! :p :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts