Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took this photo after my walk around the Arizona State Capitol last weekend. As always, let me know what you think!

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,162 Posts
I think you've figured out some great angles, your pics show your E92 at its most photogenic. Your skies always add a dramatic effect to the composition. Now, to further improve, you need to reduce the clutter. The parking lot lines are a nice element but the trees and the building to the left are negatives.
Why not try some 'bad boy' shots where your Coupe is in a tough looking environment? It would be a change and it would force you to consider the background as much as the subject.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you've figured out some great angles, your pics show your E92 at its most photogenic. Your skies always add a dramatic effect to the composition. Now, to further improve, you need to reduce the clutter. The parking lot lines are a nice element but the trees and the building to the left are negatives.
Why not try some 'bad boy' shots where your Coupe is in a tough looking environment? It would be a change and it would force you to consider the background as much as the subject.
Thanks for the comments and suggestions DSX. I'll see what I can come up with the next time around. :thumbup:

·
(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
7,614 Posts
I really like your toned down HDR (more realistic, less processed) offerings. You have a good eye. Agree with DSX, great skies, great subject. Having spent some time in Phoenix, though, it might take some work to find some special excellent backgrounds.

(If you really wanted to go "bad-boy" you could run down to Florence and use the prison as a backdrop!) j/k

Keep up the good work, your photographs are always enjoyable.

·
Putting the O in O face
326 Posts
Or maybe taking one in an old salvage yard? Sort of like a diamond in the rough idea.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like your toned down HDR (more realistic, less processed) offerings. You have a good eye. Agree with DSX, great skies, great subject. Having spent some time in Phoenix, though, it might take some work to find some special excellent backgrounds.

(If you really wanted to go "bad-boy" you could run down to Florence and use the prison as a backdrop!) j/k

Keep up the good work, your photographs are always enjoyable.
Thank you Nordic_Kat! It is a little difficult to find that good back drop in the general Phoenix Metro area but I'm always on the look out. I hope to get some day long or weekend road trips in around AZ this year so hopefully I can get some better back drops.

Or maybe taking one in an old salvage yard? Sort of like a diamond in the rough idea.
That could be a fun idea! Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks!

I love the color of your E92! The contrast of the car agains the sky is very complementing.
Fixed ;) and thank you!

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
cf00,

Monster Blue back for #13. I always like the play of the parking lot lines on the e92 panels.

I think crop out the overhanging power line & you have perfection.

gl

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cf00,

Monster Blue back for #13. I always like the play of the parking lot lines on the e92 panels.

I think crop out the overhanging power line & you have perfection.

gl
Awesome pic! I like how all the colors in the pic are dull except the sky and your sweet ride!
Thank you Gary and tschiller! I thought about cropping out the power line...but alas I didn't for this one.

·
Extended Euro Delivery
3,371 Posts
Bad azz! Hey chicago, can you show us some "surreal" pics?

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bad azz! Hey chicago, can you show us some "surreal" pics?
Thanks jocamryn! I could do some "surreal" ones but I'm afraid of the backlash here. :eeps: :rofl: There are some on my flickr page, the link is on my sig.

·
Extended Euro Delivery
3,371 Posts

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
man such a nice car, my brother has the same car but in black. Your so lucky though, i wish i could move to Arizona.
Thank you! It's a beautiful day out here today, 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts