BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just scanned these (Photoshop) pics from the latest copy of Auto Motor & Sport.

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
They're probably photochopped, but it looks like all of these spy pics and PS jobs are pointing in the same basic direction. I'm telling you guys, this car will be handsome when it comes out.

·
3,440 Posts
While it's not great, it's also not that bad, BUT it looks too much like a Jap car. I'm tired of BMW AG disappointing us with strange, awkward designs. The future looks to be even more grim than I had originally thought. :bawling:

Now that I've looked at the pics some more, the front looks like a Pontiac Grand Am. :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
This one's not so bad. No foot-long kidneys. No eyebrow turn signals. No BangleButt.

OTOH its now a bit too derivative; the front now looks more like a Pontiac Grand Prix, and the rear is a cross between a E36 Compact and a Mazda Millenia/Xedos9/Eunos800.

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Jetfire said:
They're probably photochopped, but it looks like all of these spy pics and PS jobs are pointing in the same basic direction. I'm telling you guys, this car will be handsome when it comes out.
Wow I must agree, I think these pics are very stunning, esp. from the back... reminds me of the 850csi rear end for some reason (squaty).

Very nice!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
The butt looks much better than the 7 series, but I am not sure I like the trunk opening that wraps around to the rear quarter panels. Looks too choppy .

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Imho, it's not ugly. Not sexy, either :( Even 7-er has more "BMW" in its looks than this.

Looks like I'll be stuck with 3-series if I'll want to buy BMW next time. Nothing else in the new line-up looks nearly as good.

Lil' hijack - any of you guys ever heard that manual seats have bigger range of adjustment than electric in E46? I need just an inch or so more head-room to be happy :)

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
I like it alot . . . I know when the 5er comes out, like Jet fire said, it's gonna be a real beauty . . .

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
Don't like it or hate it-- I kind of get the same feeling I get when I look at a Toyota Camry or a Saturn-- just kind of blah...

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Well, it's not THAT bad in those pics... I've seen worse...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Not wild about it, but don't hate it.

However, that "waterfall effect" on the nose is lifted DIRECTLY from the current gen Grand Am. Of all the manufacturers to plagiarize... why GM? :dunno:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts