BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK OK... I had been holding off posting pics of my car here... but I just can't help myself now. I just finished the detailing and got my new rims and tires mounted today... 18" HRE 547R's with Goodyear F1 DS3's.. shining in the cali sun... It almost brings a tear to my eye :bigpimp:

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sc'd540i6 said:
... It almost brings a tear to my eye :bigpimp:
I guess beauty lies in the eye of the beholder - I am glad that you like them :bigpimp:
BTW - that is a nice detail job.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not anything out of the ordinary just keep it clean

lex89 said:
VERY nice. Your car looks fantastic! What detailing process do you use?
I keep the car garaged, and my commute is 15 min so I don't let her out in the elements that often. I hand wash and hand wax with meguires, then do the plastics and tires with armor all and finally the wheels and glass with basic glass cleaner. I apply everything to cloth then onto the car, never spraying product directly on the car, that keeps me from having to clean up overspray.

·
aka Turd Ferguson
1,406 Posts
Chrome is not for everyone...but you knew that when you got the rims.

Personally I LOVE THE LOOK OF YOUR CAR! Man..it is sweet.

I would not think the chrome would look as good as it does. Car is clean man. Great job.

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
like AI sid, chrome isn't for everyone but it looks sharp on your car.

i hope you know the backdrop behind HRE's. If you are happy with them, that's all it matters. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Just FYI you might want to change from Armor All b/c it actually will dry out rubber and plastic. I use plexus for interior trim pieces myself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there not actually chrome..they're polished alum.

chivas said:
like AI sid, chrome isn't for everyone but it looks sharp on your car.

i hope you know the backdrop behind HRE's. If you are happy with them, that's all it matters. :thumbup:
The polished looks a tad more satin then the full chrome, and I only think I could get away with it on a black car, I've blacked out all the glass/lights/etc...so I think I can just pull it off. Plus I went 18" for weight and ride, 19's would have been too much.

I have heard various plus and minus things about most manufactures of rims, can you elaborate on the "backdrop" you mentioned?

Thanks,

·
Registered
433 Posts
So far so good!

Looking pretty nice! Like the light conversion... chrome is usually not my fav but I geniunly to like those wheels :thumbup: I little suggestion... get some new kidney grills. A small mod but actually does alot to update the look of the front end.

Happy Modding!! :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree the tuxedo black racemesh grills are on my list

Jbimmer1 said:
Looking pretty nice! Like the light conversion... chrome is usually not my fav but I geniunly to like those wheels :thumbup: I little suggestion... get some new kidney grills. A small mod but actually does alot to update the look of the front end.

Happy Modding!! :D
I spent enough $$$$ on the rims/tires that I've got to pull back on the mods for a few months or my girlfriend is gonna kick my ass. :rofl: but my birthday is coming up so perhaps I will get them anyway..

·
in HIS hands :)
1,730 Posts
Sc'd540i6 said:
OK OK... I had been holding off posting pics of my car here... but I just can't help myself now. I just finished the detailing and got my new rims and tires mounted today... 18" HRE 547R's with Goodyear F1 DS3's.. shining in the cali sun... It almost brings a tear to my eye :bigpimp:
sc'd540i6,

never a fan of chrome, but the polished look is about the most i'd ever go. as some have sd, black is probably the best color to get away with it without overly losing good taste, imho. it looks luxurious :thumbup:

now how about a full side shot of your nice ride and wheels :) :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

jack

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Sc'd540i6 said:
The polished looks a tad more satin then the full chrome, and I only think I could get away with it on a black car, I've blacked out all the glass/lights/etc...so I think I can just pull it off. Plus I went 18" for weight and ride, 19's would have been too much.

I have heard various plus and minus things about most manufactures of rims, can you elaborate on the "backdrop" you mentioned?

Thanks,
as far as i'm concerned, HRE and iForged are in the same boat.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54306&highlight=iforged

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=63980

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-90660.html

Just sayin'. be happy with what you have. I'm not getting an erection over my Fikse; don't get me wrong, they do look nice and i like them but i picked them up because of the price and known quality since Jersey and NYC roads are murder to most rims with low profile tires. i have yet to hear one bad thing about Fikse and that's why i went with them.

at least you have an advantage, you do 100% like your rims. i'm at about 80%.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hear what your sayin' I was originally concerned

chivas said:
as far as i'm concerned, HRE and iForged are in the same boat.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54306&highlight=iforged

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=63980

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-90660.html

Just sayin'. be happy with what you have. I'm not getting an erection over my Fikse; don't get me wrong, they do look nice and i like them but i picked them up because of the price and known quality since Jersey and NYC roads are murder to most rims with low profile tires. i have yet to hear one bad thing about Fikse and that's why i went with them.

at least you have an advantage, you do 100% like your rims. i'm at about 80%.
about being tagged a label whore for going with HRE's and was leaning torward more traditional BBS's but I stumbled onto a superb deal for these and couldn't pass it up. My BMW composite 17"s were showing their (and the car's) age, and were really in dire need of replacement. The HRE's are super light, and true 3 pieces so they can be repaired for longer life.

Everyone on this thread is right in there own way, as long as I am happy (and I am) thats all that matters.

Cheers,

:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts