BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baby's got some new shoes. Old...factory 19" Sport package

New shoes...BBS 21" two piece Staggered 9 and 10 1/2

Pirelli PZero Neros 245/35/21 and the Rear: 285/30/21. Yes...I know...PITA to keep clean, but, as my lovely wife blithely pointed out...I don't clean them anyway.

·
President
8,098 Posts
WOW

with the SICKNESS, beautiful ride

but let me ask u a couple of questions

is that the way u roll? sh*ttin on eveybody? no respect for us one peice cast wheel people?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Back at 'cha <g>.

The painful choice was between the BBS's and your wheels. Loved the look, loved the lines. Coin flip.

·
***** Prowler
274 Posts
very cool ride..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It will be this afternoon, but happy to oblige.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good grief. Sorry I left this on my "to do" list.

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Sweet!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Part of it may be my age, part may be a genetic predisposition opposed to any form of real style...not sure. However, 21 was my number all along and I am a huge fan of the BBS two piece. Some of the stories on this board about bent 22's are sobering (not a condition to which I aspire, by the way). I wanted bigger wheels, but I like the idea of tires cushioning the road well and lower aspect ratio tires have less cushion. I also like quiet, and as the aspect ratio dimishes, road noise increases (or so I understand). For pure quiet and cushion, I could have gone to a spare set of 18" MPar's from a previous 740, but I also wanted a little bit of upgrade. These are a little noisier than my factory sports, I don't have to worry about rolling fenders for my next set of tires, and I have some balance between comfort, noise and subjective asthetics. I realize 21" tires are more expensive and harder to find, so I keep searching blogs and eBay and have two rear spares in my attic for the rears and am actively looking for some new fronts for the inevitable and expensive replacement.

To your point, 22's are impressive. Some of you guys/ladies/indeterminates have some absolutely amazing wheels and I will be a vocal and genuine admirer...but, sorta like the babe wife I still have after 27 years...I'll admire yours but perfectly happy with mine.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts