BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
31st330i said:
but it still has the "eyebrows" and the trunk lid that nobody seems to like.
Well the trunk lid looks pretty toned down in the sketch at least, seems pretty well integrated to me. And the eyebrows I don't mind if they look like this.... well its just a sketch so who knows what the brows will look in real life. If they are as prominent as the ones on the 7, then thats too bad. But clear brows definitely...no way am I going to accept amber eyebrows over the headlight...you hear me Bangle?!! What about you Dook?! You got any input on this you Bangle banger?!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alex Baumann said:
These are the early sketches of the E60. The rear looks OK, IMO.
yea I do remember the shopped pics with the blue e60 from autocar, but i never saw the sketches I posted on the 5-series forum. No harm hoping the new e60 will look more like that, even though we've seen newer and far uglier pics. :cry:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
pps-325xit said:
It's the E65, although they say it may be the new 5, but I'm still insisting that it's the E65.

EDIT : It' saying at the top of the page that it might be a 'Facelift' for the E65. (Bangle bells, Bangle bells, Bangle all the way :D)

EDIT 2 : Or these are early spy pictures of the E65, maybe before the launch.

G

·
pps-325xit said:
What the article says is rather humorous (at least to me).

Basically, it suggests that this car pictured is either the new 5 or an emergency facelifted 7. It asks readers to go to the forum to debate which.

Still, that it's even suggested that it might be an emergency facelifted 7 cracks me up.

And I also think seeing the E34 in the same pic shows just how far BMW design has strayed. That's a damn fine looking car, even now.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
A question for Photoshop gurus : Can you please examine the pictures ? I have kind of a feeling that the pictures are photoshopped version of an E65.

Alex

G

·
Alex Baumann said:

It's the E65, although they say it may be the new 5, but I'm still insisting that it's the E65.

EDIT : It' saying at the top of the page that it might be a 'Facelift' for the E65. (Bangle bells, Bangle bells, Bangle all the way :D)
This month's "Bimmer Magazine" has a profile of Claus Luthe. Needless to say, he's not too fond of his successor's work. The quotes attributed to him throughout the article are completely contrary to quotes recently attributed to Herr Bangle. As in, "A BMW should immediately be recognizable as a BMW."

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
TD said:

This month's "Bimmer Magazine" has a profile of Claus Luthe. Needless to say, he's not too fond of his successor's work. The quotes attributed to him throughout the article are completely contrary to quotes recently attributed to Herr Bangle. As in, "A BMW should immediately be recognizable as a BMW."
I also read that article with great interest. When asked about his impression of the E65 design, I don't remember his exact words, but after he gave it a bit of careful reflection it was something along the lines "It is not the design for a BMW".

BINGO!

G

·
robg said:
Did Claus say whether he'd consider taking the job again?
Claus was not fired but rather retired. He'll be 70 this year. I doubt he'd be up for coming back, despite my sig encouragement to the contrary.

For those without a subscription to Bimmer, Claus Luthe was head of BMW design from the E28 through the E39, to me, the era of the "modern" BMW. Now we have the "post-modern" BMWs, and like post-modern architecture, they look like shit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts