BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Get left...Go Fast
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Depo Clears I bought from Umnitza came today, I Can't figure out where the reflectors that they sent go...but it was literally only a 5 minute install....here's a before and after:

This part I found under the driver seat...anyone have a clue where it belongs ? it's not one of the fuse box locks...I checked that already.

·
crazy bimmer driver
445 Posts
sweet setup, it looks like one of the locks for the bulbs in the trunk lid try that :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
the depo clears and the ///M lip make the car look really clean. drop an ACS roof spoiler, and you'll be done.

check the trunk for the matching part. its either in the trunks tool kit or the BMW mat you have in your trunk. They use that part to hold the mat down.

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts
Jeff, they look awesome. really update the whole look. Now you're gonna have to re-do your Predator Chromiums when you go clear in the front?

·
Get left...Go Fast
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeff, they look awesome. really update the whole look. Now you're gonna have to re-do your Predator Chromiums when you go clear in the front?
Thanx Greg....Yea, that's next...not looking forward to the reglue though...maybe the rings will stay attached and I can just swap the beauty rings into the new covers with no hassle. Can't decide which covers to get...the ones with the whole corner clear (like the pre-01) ir the ones with the little round projector look.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Woah they look great! such a face lift for the back of your car - makes it look like a 2003 model :)

and yes i agree it looks like a screw for the floor mat

·
Registered
904 Posts
Thanx Greg....Yea, that's next...not looking forward to the reglue though...maybe the rings will stay attached and I can just swap the beauty rings into the new covers with no hassle. Can't decide which covers to get...the ones with the whole corner clear (like the pre-01) ir the ones with the little round projector look.
i bet ya they will. that would make things a bit easier.. Tough call on the fronts. those clears with the round projector look (the ones from the thread a few weeks back) are pretty cool looking. Either way will look good IMO.

Can't wait to see the finished front.

·
Do you have Diabeetus?
110 Posts
Very nice! Are those tails bulb or LED? If they are bulb, does it look similar to the real Cellis at night? I have a pair of Depo front clears (non-projection) with a set of CCFL 7000 k halos already installed. I swapped them out recently from my 528 (I just got projection). They were installed for only about 6 months. If want them name your price. PM me if interested .

·
Get left...Go Fast
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice! Are those tails bulb or LED? If they are bulb, does it look similar to the real Cellis at night? I have a pair of Depo front clears (non-projection) with a set of CCFL 7000 k halos already installed. I swapped them out recently from my 528 (I just got projection). They were installed for only about 6 months. If want them name your price. PM me if interested .
They are bulb but the stops light up like LEDs...oh yea and PM sent :thumbup:

·
SmokinE39
203 Posts
very nice make's your e39 looks up to date:thumbup:

The Depo Clears I bought from Umnitza came today, I Can't figure out where the reflectors that they sent go...but it was literally only a 5 minute install....here's a before and after:

This part I found under the driver seat...anyone have a clue where it belongs ? it's not one of the fuse box locks...I checked that already.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Captngeetch;
The plastic item you showed, I found one similar to that on my e39 mine came from the panel that covers the pedals and the steering column shaft. There are two of them from memory hope this is of some help. Allan

·
Get left...Go Fast
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Captngeetch;
The plastic item you showed, I found one similar to that on my e39 mine came from the panel that covers the pedals and the steering column shaft. There are two of them from memory hope this is of some help. Allan
Checked that...and I checked the truck carpet and the floor mats...My floor mats are held in place by Velcro..any other suggestions ?

·
I'm otay. You are not.
1,337 Posts
I doubt the velcro holding the mats is stock. That piece looks exactly like what holds my driver's mat in place (under the left knee while seated). :thumbup: on the lenses!

·
Get left...Go Fast
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I doubt the velcro holding the mats is stock. That piece looks exactly like what holds my driver's mat in place (under the left knee while seated). :thumbup: on the lenses!
Looks stock to me

·
Get left...Go Fast
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
upon further inspection, Allanbmw530i was right...it holds the cover over the gas pedal in place. Thanx for the lead.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts