Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a bad case of sticky pedal going :( Had a new one put in on Monday:thumb:

Since the affects were gradual I had no idea how much of a PITA it really was. The smooth silky feeling is back and IMO the response (albeit still DBW) is so much better. Plus my mileage has improved a good 1.5 mpg since I no longer push past the needed level for acceleration.

Let's hope this one doesn't act up, at least until the "real fix" is released:)

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Good luck! :D Keep the pedal group posted on your progress.

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
PM 325xiT said:
Had a bad case of sticky pedal going :( Had a new one put in on Monday:thumb:

Since the affects were gradual I had no idea how much of a PITA it really was. The smooth silky feeling is back and IMO the response (albeit still DBW) is so much better. Plus my mileage has improved a good 1.5 mpg since I no longer push past the needed level for acceleration.

Let's hope this one doesn't act up, at least until the "real fix" is released:)
I'd be willing to bet that it was horse manure under the pedal causing the problem :yikes: :rolleyes:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: New throttle installed

Mike 325xi said:

I'd be willing to bet that it was horse manure under the pedal causing the problem :yikes: :rolleyes:
Ha ha ha

I guess you are careful to keep the onions and whiz off yours since you have not YET had the problem:dunno: Besides you have enough other kinds of problems......or at least I've heard:confused:

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
Re: Re: Re: New throttle installed

PM 325xiT said:

Ha ha ha

I guess you are careful to keep the onions and whiz off yours since you have not YET had the problem:dunno: Besides you have enough other kinds of problems......or at least I've heard:confused:
Ask Mrs. Phil...I wipe the onions and cheezewhiz on the sheets...I never eat in my car :D

·
superwagon pilot
1,388 Posts
One day you'll leave that bummbleville of Rochester, and have a good ole philly cheesesteak. Then you'll understand all about cheese whiz and fried onions. Until then, you haven't really lived my friend :D

webguy330i said:
Onions and cheese whiz? uhg!
:D

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Josh (PA) said:
One day you'll leave that bummbleville of Rochester, and have a good ole philly cheesesteak. Then you'll understand all about cheese whiz and fried onions. Until then, you haven't really lived my friend :D

Philly Cheese Steak Good :thumb:

Cheese Whiz Bad :thumbdwn:

And so to not be part of the thread hijacking -

PM 325xiT, good luck with the new throttle. Keep us updated!

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Re: Re: New throttle installed

Mike 325xi said:

Ask Mrs. Phil...I wipe the onions and cheezewhiz on the sheets...I never eat in my car :D
Home wrecker:mad:

At least you could leave a Pat's steak on the counter for me:D

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ackster said:

Philly Cheese Steak Good :thumb:

Cheese Whiz Bad :thumbdwn:

And so to not be part of the thread hijacking -

PM 325xiT, good luck with the new throttle. Keep us updated!
Thanks...............I'll keep every one updated:)

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Josh (PA) said:

Hold the phone... I've done it up with real philly cheesesteak before! It's a fine item indeed, but I was envisioning someone eating raw onions like crackers while applying a thick strand-like covering of cheese whiz to it. :eek: :eek:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
webguy330i said:

Hold the phone... I've done it up with real philly cheesesteak before! It's a fine item indeed, but I was envisioning someone eating raw onions like crackers while applying a thick strand-like covering of cheese whiz to it. :eek: :eek:
No way...............grilled and greasy is the only way I take my original with:thumb: .... (original = whiz....with = onions)

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
webguy330i said:

No I was talking a good old fashioned Philadelphia cheesesteak...which any true Philadelphian will tell you should have fried onions and cheezewhiz...

At Pat's that is a "cheese wit" ("wit" as in with fried onions and always with cheezewhiz):D

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mike 325xi said:

No I was talking a good old fashioned Philadelphia cheesesteak...which any true Philadelphian will tell you should have fried onions and cheezewhiz...

At Pat's that is a "cheese wit" ("wit" as in with fried onions and always with cheezewhiz):D
That's scary:yikes: 100 miles away and we're thinking the same:confused:

Please don't tell me you are my evil twin:eeps: I guess that would only be possible if I was in vitro for an extra 4 years:dunno:

·
Senior Slacker
5,646 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

That's scary:yikes: 100 miles away and we're thinking the same:confused:

Please don't tell me you are my evil twin:eeps: I guess that would only be possible if I was in vitro for an extra 4 years:dunno:
Heck I am 5,000 miles away and I was thinking "cheese wit" too:thumb:

If Mike is your evil twin then I am.....wait don't answer that.
Oh, good luck on the throttle (token non-hijack comment)

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

I guess that would only be possible if I was in vitro for an extra 4 years:dunno:
That would explain your weird smell :yikes: I had thought it was horse manure :confused:

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
vexed said:

Heck I am 5,000 miles away and I was thinking "cheese wit" too:thumb:

If Mike is your evil twin then I am.....wait don't answer that.
Oh, good luck on the throttle (token non-hijack comment)
Since you got your undergrad at UPenn you are an honorary Pennsylvanian...even though YOU SUCK for living in paradise :mad: :mad:

·
Here since day one
7,180 Posts
I didn't know they were replacing sticky pedals under warranty . . . I better throw some maple syrup on mine so its gets sticky just so I could get a new one !!!

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alan F said:
I didn't know they were replacing sticky pedals under warranty . . . I better throw some maple syrup on mine so its gets sticky just so I could get a new one !!!
Definately under warranty:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts