BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a set of tires w/ rims to replace my stock 17's. My question is, do I need an alignment as my new set is 19's. After driving them around freeway and local for 20-50 miles, they seem fine (no pulling any direction). There is the natural camber on the rear wheels which were there w/ the stocks, but since they are 19s seems a little more pronounced now.

If I do need an alignment, do i go with the camber numbers as if they were stock 17s? or do i need some sort of adjustment as they are 19s now.

Please advise, I will post a full post regarding the new rims when i get home and take some pics. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also to note regarding the wear on the 17's (old tires). The rear tire tread started to wear, in the center of the tire (result, I am assuming from over tire inflation).

·
2003 540i - M Sport
1,895 Posts
i always get an alignment when i get new tires regardless of the new size

$100 is a good peace of mind that i'm not having to worry about uneven tire wear...

there maybe some changes in your alignments going from 17's - 19's (although i don't see why)

but regardless its better to get the alignment just to insure you will get proper tire wear

1 - 3 of 3 Posts