Stumbled upon this forum/website and it looks like a great place to learn about BMW and to get advice. I'm in no hurry as my current car (as boring as it is) has no problems and gets me from a to b, but I'm looking to lease a X5 3.5d within the next 12 months. Does anyone have any advice as to what the best time of year to lease one is? I'm fairly picky, I know what options I want if possible, so I will likely need to special order one. I'm flexible with lease durations and am willing to put down a decent drive off amount, but need my monthly payments to be manageable.
So far, this is what I'm thinking...
- M-Line (I like the look of the Luxury Line more...but really like the M-Line steering wheel...is it possible to option the M-Line steering wheel?)
- Mineral White Metallic with Black Dakota Leather
- Fineline Oak or Fineline Pure Wood trim
- 20'' Rims (are these realistic? I live in warm California sunshine but love to ski. Go up to the snow about 10 times per year and will need all season tires)
- Cold Weather Package
- Dynamic Handling Package
- Drivers Assistance Package
- Lighting Package (love how the LEDs look)
- Luxury Seating Package
- Harman Kardon Sound
- Side Window Shades
- Ceramic Controls
- 3rd Row Seat w/ rear axle air suspension
- Surround View
BMW states through the build your own tool that the MSRP would be $74,500. Using their payment estimation tool I get the following numbers...
Down Payment - $5500
36 month lease (i'm flexible with duration)
10K miles per year
Monthly payment of $856 (is this realistically what I should expect or could I potentially get this monthly payment down a good amount? ... would really like a payment with a 6 in front of it.)
Thank you everyone for reading and responding. Like I said I'm new to BMW and new to leasing.