BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ein BMW Enthusiast
216 Posts
I don't think there is a "best" time. Leasing fluctuates throughout the year. The key is the right combination of residual (what the car is worth after the lease is over), money factor (the interest payment for leasing the car) and incentives. Usually, manufacturers tweak one or two at the expense of the others.

Determine what you're comfortable paying on a monthly basis and find a dealer that's willing to be transparent about pricing. When you get some figures, check back here. There are plenty of people on this forum who will guide you.

As for a down payment, consider not doing one on a lease. That money, called cap cost reduction, will bring the payment down but it will also vanish if the car is stolen or totaled in an accident. I never do any money down on a lease but that's just my advice. Do what you feel is right for you.

Lastly, I think the steering wheel for the x line and the luxury line are the same. In fact, I think the no line steering wheel is as well. The only steering wheel that is different is the m-sport.

Good luck.

·
Ein BMW Enthusiast
216 Posts
I should add that you should also consider doing multiple security deposits. BMWFS permits up to 7. It is calculated by rounding up your monthly payment. For instance, $835 per month would round up to $850 x 7 = $5,950. Each MSD will reduce the money factor by a bit.

Again, in my opinion, $5,950 in MSDs is a better investment than $5,500 in cap cost reduction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.