BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Stumbled upon this forum/website and it looks like a great place to learn about BMW and to get advice. I'm in no hurry as my current car (as boring as it is) has no problems and gets me from a to b, but I'm looking to lease a X5 3.5d within the next 12 months. Does anyone have any advice as to what the best time of year to lease one is? I'm fairly picky, I know what options I want if possible, so I will likely need to special order one. I'm flexible with lease durations and am willing to put down a decent drive off amount, but need my monthly payments to be manageable.

So far, this is what I'm thinking...

X5 3.5d
- M-Line (I like the look of the Luxury Line more...but really like the M-Line steering wheel...is it possible to option the M-Line steering wheel?)
- Mineral White Metallic with Black Dakota Leather
- Fineline Oak or Fineline Pure Wood trim
- 20'' Rims (are these realistic? I live in warm California sunshine but love to ski. Go up to the snow about 10 times per year and will need all season tires)
Packages:
- Cold Weather Package
- Dynamic Handling Package
- Drivers Assistance Package
- Lighting Package (love how the LEDs look)
- Luxury Seating Package
Options:
- Harman Kardon Sound
- Side Window Shades
- Ceramic Controls
- 3rd Row Seat w/ rear axle air suspension
- Surround View

BMW states through the build your own tool that the MSRP would be $74,500. Using their payment estimation tool I get the following numbers...

Down Payment - $5500
36 month lease (i'm flexible with duration)
10K miles per year
Monthly payment of $856 (is this realistically what I should expect or could I potentially get this monthly payment down a good amount? ... would really like a payment with a 6 in front of it.)

Thank you everyone for reading and responding. Like I said I'm new to BMW and new to leasing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Yes I am more than willing to wait 12 months. I will go ahead and sign up for a BMWCCA Membership.

A 3rd row seat is not as important to me as having a car that drives the best it can. So I would much rather have the Dynamic handling instead of the 3rd row. From what I've read everyone highly recommends the Dynamic handling.

One more question is about this "Racechip" i've seen mentioned. What is this and does it do anything to void the warranty on the car? Is it allowed with a lease? Finally does it affect the gas mileage on the car at all?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The best time to buy a BMW is November-December, so may be next holiday season for you, you have exactly one year. First and the most important thing is become a BMWCCA member, since u have one year, u will get $1000 after one year of membership, attend UDE or any other events that's $1000 again.
"NO" u cannot get M Sport steering wheel as a stand alone option it has to be with M Sport package, get M Sport don't look back you will not regret
What events qualify for the $1000 from BMWCCA? Where do I see this on the website?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.