BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just ordered a X5 45e, will be first BMW and first hybrid. Was just notified that our order will be MY 2023 with 3-4 month leadtime and there may be changes in available options features. Any ideas what changes are in store? They say the agreed price will be the same....

Anything I should know or be aware of?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 119K miles NOKIAN WR G3 30K miles
23,464 Posts
LOL @ agreed that the price will be the same. Perhaps the changes will be elimination of high tech electronic options due to chip supply shortage.

Reactions: SunFun

·
Wingnut
5,187 Posts
Hi, just ordered a X5 45e, will be first BMW and first hybrid. Was just notified that our order will be MY 2023 with 3-4 month leadtime and there may be changes in available options features. Any ideas what changes are in store? They say the agreed price will be the same....

thats a pretty open ended statement from them, i wouldnt assume anything

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
From what I've read, certain things that had been standard or optional, may not be available. If any of those are critical to you, you may not be happy. As it gets closer, they should be able to tell you exactly what configuration changes there may be, and you should have to option to cancel if you desire.

·
Registered
2021 X5 xDrive 45e
226 Posts

Bottom line is over the past couple of years we suffered massive supply chain disruptions that are still ongoing. Many options have disappeared forever, some have returned to the options list, With the current 'chip' shortage some options may be deleted as we speak, thus BMWUSA is being proactive in letting you know that the vehicle delivered may differ from the vehicle you ordered.

Jim DeBruycker has good advice, keep track of your build’s progress and as it enters the production queue you’ll know exactly what changes if any, to expect.

Generous of the salesman to assure you that if some options get cut he won’t ask you to renegotiate the deal.;) Remember the deal is not complete until all the documents are signed and you leave the finance office.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Received a text saying order is in and slated for mid July production.

What is typical production time? I assume since July production is will likely be 22 not 23?
That is a correct assumption, it will be a MY22 if it is built in July. Assembly takes less than a day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts