Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to BMW. Am getting a 2020 X5 that was a loaner..I have a question. I have a Toyota Highlander.. On Toyota/Lexus cars I bought a Carista Module.. Paid for the Carista App but just for a month. Used to plug into the OBD connection. I used it to Lower/or turn off the loud turn signal clicks, added 4 blinks to the lane change..lowered volume of rear hatch opening., stuff like that.... Does BMW have a method to do something similar?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Using Bimmercode is the easiest way and offers a lot of different options. It offers an Expert mode that allows for more in depth changes. There are some things it can't do so she folks use Esys which is a lot more complicated.

I use Bimmercode with an OBDlink MX+ bluetooth adapter.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks. I'm not sure what that is I'm kind of dumb at this Is that something you have to buy How much is it can you just use it for two or three weeks and then not subscribe or what exactly have you changed? Or can you

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Okay thanks. I'm not sure what that is I'm kind of dumb at this Is that something you have to buy How much is it can you just use it for two or three weeks and then not subscribe or what exactly have you changed? Or can you
If you click on the link to the Bimmercodeapp that was given in the post above...it should answer all or your questions.

You can even input the vehicle info you’re getting and actually see what all coding options are supported for the BMW vehicle.

You buy the OBD II adapter...as well as the Bimmercode app. This allows you to make coding changes that you want or like. And if something happens like your vehicle requires updated software from BMW...which usually erases any changes you made...you can then go back in and recode the changes you made without losing money you paid someone else to do it. You can also purchase the sister app (BimmerLink) which gives you some diagnostic capabilities like checking error codes and resetting them. One big benefit is the ability to register a new battery which can cost $$$ having your local BMW dealership do it. You can also use the OBD adapter for other apps that allow you to communicate with the cars’s BUS system (communication & electronic modules).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much.. I'm not sure if this system is similar to carista or not but you can subscribe monthly to it which I chose not to do I only paid a $10 fee to use it for a month to make all the changes I wanted to make. But sounds like subscribing would be useful if like you say there was a update of some kind that erased my entries

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Yes, it sounds similar to the casrista app you’re mentioning...except Bimmercode is a one time purchase (app) there are no monthly subscription. That would be more like the Carly software which has either a monthly or annual fee. Bimmercode is a one time purchase...and any app updates are free (if any updates are made). :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again ..I like the stop/start one that leaves it where it was when u last shut the engine off . Except if u use Eco then defaults to on .when car started.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts