Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just replaced my 09 335xi with a 15 335xi ("luxury line"with 27k, with the Adaptive M suspension/Variable sport steering, the lane-change/parking assist, the HK system, and nav options).

I'm missing that twin-turbo -- probably helped that my tech dropped one of those throttle boosters into it years back when I was asking him, after my warranty expired, about chipping, which he dissuaded me from -- he drives an M5 and had chipped it, but then took it back out and did the booster instead.

I guess I can just wind up doing the same again but thought I'd check in and see if there's some consensus on some must-dos that doesn't involve over-stressing and shortening the life of my engine. I'm not a wrencher btw.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,761 Posts
Congrats! It's the internet, you know the rules, pics or it didn't happen. :) Interesting combination - Luxury line with adaptive suspension. You don***8217;t see that very often.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True that! I drove two hours for it. I'll add a pic or two when I get a chance later though it's a lil compromised right now because I have a Yakima ski/board cargo box up on the roof right now. Not for long, sadly (season''s ebbing in on the ice coast).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool package. Can you tell me more? How did you arrive at that combination of equipment? Also (I***8217;m a neophyte remember) what will replacing the OEM intercooler do?

·
Vendor
6,576 Posts
Cool package. Can you tell me more? How did you arrive at that combination of equipment? Also (I'm a neophyte remember) what will replacing the OEM intercooler do?
Tuner adds power
downpipe allows better turbo spool and less pressure
intercooler keeps temperature down for max power and no overheat
charge pipe replaces the plastic pipe that often breaks with high boost

1 - 7 of 7 Posts