BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy peeps,

Just thought I'd say hi since I'm new to the forum.

Previous project was an '01 A4 1.8TMQ. Lived where there was tons of snow and loved that car but got rid of it a while ago. Did a lot of stuff to it, so I'm familiar with a wrench, but I'm totally new to owning a BMW.

New project is an '04 325ci convertible. Never considered a convertible before, I'm usually all for performance, but having the ability to put the top down 300+ days a year and stuffing a surfboard in the back made it a no-brainer! It's got 79k miles, 5-speed, with metallic dark blue exterior and dark brown interior. Was looking for black on black, but the color combo is definitely starting to grow on me. Not sure if I'll ever adjust to the wood interior though, considering swapping, painting, or wrapping for something more modern.

Just scheduled an appointment at Euro Auto Spot (after reading recommendations here) for a "pre-purchase inspection" - even though I already purchased the car...fingers crossed.

Car also needs some body work done, so I'm currently looking for a cheap and good place in the San Diego area to smooth out a scuffed and dinged passenger rear quarter panel (PO backing out of garage, it's just on the outside fender lip) and respray a bunch of chips aft of the passenger front fender (looks like a lawn mower got distracted).

Don't really expect anybody to read all this, but wanted to vent my enthusiasm toward the newest member of my family!

Thanks in advance for all the questions to come,
bostonbuck

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
Welcome! :wave:

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
Don't really expect anybody to read all this, but wanted to vent my enthusiasm toward the newest member of my family!
You might be surprised. :bigpimp:

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Welcome! Phil Thearles in Santee was beyond superb for me. Not at all cheap but probably about as good as it possibly gets.

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Really looking forward to meeting some local enthusiasts. I no longer have a garage and tons of tools, so finding knowledgeable people in my area who enjoy working on cars will be a huge plus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts