BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase a 2003 330IC. Now I know BMW makes a great car, but can you guys give me the skinny on a 330IC? Internet reviews are worthless to me. Are they service nightmare? Not afraid to tinker with the basics under the hood. Are they engine work friendly Any opinions in the Good, the Bad, & the Ugly category?

·
Protect your (lug) nuts
4,571 Posts
They are solid if kept up & under warranty, but repairs are very expensive, as with any high-class import "sports" car. Just depends.. if you do a lot of your own work, you should be alright, but parts are still expensive. Overall, I would say they are worth it, just because I havent found a car that I love to drive as much.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as high maintenence, I also own a 03' Land Rover Disco II, so I'm use to the that. :D Like my Land Rover, the dealer changes the oil for free on every other service. Also anything that needs to be replaced, except tires, they do it with no charge.

For example, my last service they changed out the belt & battery, oil change, air filter, ect. at $0 cost to me. Do BMW dealers do this kind of service? I'm assuming they do.

·
Protect your (lug) nuts
4,571 Posts
If the vehicle is under warranty, they will change and replace parts in accordance with the service schedule, but if its not time for a scheduled repair, and you want it done anyway, they will charge you.. like $90 for an oil change, and things not covered are very expensive. This is why most people go to indy shops once their car is out of warranty. Some BMW dealers charge up to $130/hr, vs $60-75/hr at an indy shop. BMW offers full maintenance for 4 years/50k miles, and their CPO program is more like an extended warranty, but you still have to pay for upkeep items, such as tires, wiper blades, suspension parts, batteries, oil changes, etc. This is why you'll see a lot of BMWs for sale with 1 owner right at around 49k miles.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what you mean. That's the same with the Landy's, you see alot for sale with 49K on the odo. This 2003 I'm interested in has only 20K odo, and about a yr left in warranty.

Also if this does not carry previous dealer service records, and I happen to have to take it to the dealer for repair in the future, am I fubar?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Again, if this does not carry previous dealer service records, and I happen to have to take it to the dealer for repair in the future, am I fubar?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts