BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
DINAN EQUIPPED
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great site so far. I just bought a 2003 540i sport black on black with 97k on it. Runs like a champ and have had a few things already fixed on her like the radiator and all seems good now. Not sure what to mod on this bad boy yet...any ideas? I also have a BMW X5 04 4.4 Dinan stage II. Look forward to many great conversations and information! thanks again:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
782 Posts
Great choice and welcome to da club, looks like it was well taking care off.

Sent from my Nexus One using Bimmer App

·
DINAN EQUIPPED
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was and rides all the same. A few changes on the inside trim black pieces other than that it looks great for the year. Need to add ipod interface and soon some DINAN mods for me as well.

·
Registered
393 Posts
BEST year for an e39 540 hands down.

·
DINAN EQUIPPED
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks any ideas for mods to it? Seems there are not slot of Dinan fans for e39?

·
Registered
537 Posts
The only Dinan part I have on my 2003 540 is their transmission software. I think it is a must for every car lover who drives an automatic 540. I bought my car new in September 2003 and I think the Dinan software was installed in the summer of 2004.

·
Banned
576 Posts
The only Dinan part I have on my 2003 540 is their transmission software. I think it is a must for every car lover who drives an automatic 540. I bought my car new in September 2003 and I think the Dinan software was installed in the summer of 2004.
How much was the software? Did you feel a big difference?

·
DINAN EQUIPPED
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
35% tint to go with the black would be a cheap, easy first mod! Congrats on the new car!
Already made the appointment. Thanks:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Dinan is an engineering company with real engineers with real degrees. They are expensive yes but you pay for well designed/simulated and reliable parts and actual engineering. They aren't just a mod company as some are.

I have been more than happy with my Dinan parts and software.

·
Long Distance Runner
829 Posts
That's an automatic???????!!!!
Sometimes people do need automatics, like me because my wife has to drive my car sometimes. My last car was a manual, which I do prefer. I was wondering what people are thinking about these new auto or semi-auto transmissions out there. I just read in the most recent Car and Driver that the new Audi TT RS does 0-60mph in 3.6 seconds with its DSG transmission in auto mode. That same car is coming to the U.S. with a manual transmission only and with that, it does the same trip to 60mph in 4.5 seconds. Which one would you pick?

·
DINAN EQUIPPED
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a automatic???????!!!!
I know it was a hard decision , but the condition on this car was outstanding! Best I had seen in my searches for a year now. Ordered Dinan exhaust and intake and SW!,,:bigpimp:

·
Banned
576 Posts
Dinan is an engineering company with real engineers with real degrees. They are expensive yes but you pay for well designed/simulated and reliable parts and actual engineering. They aren't just a mod company as some are.

I have been more than happy with my Dinan parts and software.
Yes dinan is really good but still overpriced sorry. There are other quality brands that do not cost an arm a leg and a kidney.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts