Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i'm new to the forum. Just thought i'd post some pics of the e39 I just bought.
I updated all the lighting on it, just waiting to throw some m parallels on it in the spring hopefully. I had the m5 grill on but switched to a 530i pair of kidneys, I kind of like the black fin look. What do you guys think?

This is my second e39, I had a black one which my dad ended up buying from me. I thought I could live with a beetle since it was good on gas and cheap to own, but quickly ended up selling it and getting another 528i. Here is the black one, still in the family:

http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/e39/6907298-1.html

Here are some pics of my Z: http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.aspx?forum=general&msg_id=1661272

It seems to be a trend i've noticed, a lot of the people who own 300zx's seem to own e39's as well. Anyone else an owner of both on here

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blue_uhuru said:
Welcome to the forum. Your car looks great. What year?
Thanks, it's a 97 wih 82k miles on it, bought it from the second owner, car was in great shape. Person I bought it from was buying an e60. Here are some pics when I first bought it, next to my fathers e39:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Welcome. :thumbup:

·
L C B
1,283 Posts
looks good! Are those aftermarket headlights? They look good! I noticed some of your pics hav chrome trim and some black- I think if you are gonna do the sport look you really need to lower the car a little- or get the 19" m-pars to bring it down a little- just my $.02

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
e39dream said:
looks good! Are those aftermarket headlights? They look good! I noticed some of your pics hav chrome trim and some black- I think if you are gonna do the sport look you really need to lower the car a little- or get the 19" m-pars to bring it down a little- just my $.02

Thanks, the headlights are depo. I'm sure not as good quality wise as the hella's, but great for the price, and light the road good with a set of sylvania silverstars. Yeah I did black out my trim, trying to acheive that sporty look. I'm pretty set on m parallels, but I don't think i'd go bigger then 18". Michigan roads are evil. I'm about to install my m5 lip spoiler in about 30 seconds, i'll post pics once it's on =)

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Nadir(Detroit) said:
Thanks, the headlights are depo. I'm sure not as good quality wise as the hella's, but great for the price, and light the road good with a set of sylvania silverstars. Yeah I did black out my trim, trying to acheive that sporty look. I'm pretty set on m parallels, but I don't think i'd go bigger then 18". Michigan roads are evil. I'm about to install my m5 lip spoiler in about 30 seconds, i'll post pics once it's on =)
Sounds good.....we look forward to the pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts