BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken possession of my new X5 3.0D Sport in Sterling Grey. Lovely colour, lovely car.

Off to read the library of user manuals!!

It was a long wait - 10 months - but worth every minute!!

:bling:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Congratz, enjoy the ride! :thumbup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

Been using that site (and this one!!) for a couple of weeks to try and find out more on the beast. I need to get a part number for the adapter that goes into the torch socket in the glovebox and allows the ipod to be charged from it. I'm sure I've seen it somewhere on that site (or this one), but I'm obviously not using the right search criteria!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I wish we could get the 3.0d in North America. Why did you wait 10 months? Doesn't it take usually 2-5 months only?

If BMW one day releases an X5 4.4d (taking the engine from the 745d), I shall be sold the moment it's announced. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats!! Love the Sterling Grey (same color as mine :D ). I too would've bought the diesel if available. I'll take my X as is though, it's just so fun to drive!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bavarian said:
I wish we could get the 3.0d in North America. Why did you wait 10 months? Doesn't it take usually 2-5 months only?

If BMW one day releases an X5 4.4d (taking the engine from the 745d), I shall be sold the moment it's announced. :)
BMW builds "special vehicles" by batch on a predetermined schedule.
In the UK, X5Sport needs a right hand drive configuration with Euro specs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.