BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dunno::dunno:This is a new post to the error codes of 1st and fifth gear codes if I manually shift when it drops out of 5th to 3rd then back to fifth it will go right in, If I dont go over 60 it will not drop to 4th. If I dont shift it manually when it drops out it gets the code 5th gear ratio incorrect. When I shift it manually it grabs hard from 1st to 2nd nothing to bad but seems to be engaging hard. The car dont seem to slip shifts good if you punch it down all thru the gears. I have made an appointment to have the software updated I just want to know if I am wasting my time. Icannot find a transmission for this cheap looks like maybe around 1k if i do it. Its the GM 5 speed AUTO which seems to be in some cadis but wont work I was told by BMW. I think the 328i and 528i 99 2000 have the same unit but still very hard to find. I dont mind ordering one if I can get a deal for a good one but want this to be over NIGHTMARE first Bmw only had it a month got lied to when I bought it paid a pretty penny love it but hate it. Please anybody with any help will be greatly appreciated. I am mechnically inclined well I think I am. Also you can email me private [email protected] :(:(:(

1 - 1 of 1 Posts