·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Not beautiful, IMO. :confused:

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
I LOVE THIS THING... I want one really really bad... :thumb: Actually I want an old one and paint it with flower child stuff, like Austin Powers... :D Could you see that?? ;) :p

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
I like it too!

I heard that VAG was also considering a new Karmann Ghia - it would fit, since they have re-done the Typ 1 and now Typ 2.

If they could bring back the Typ 3 Squareback/Variant, I would buy! :D

KdF!

Patrick

·
Registered
45 Posts
Note how they always put 19,20,21" wheels on concept cars. Could it be to keep your attention off the "uglyness" of the car and on the hughe wheels?

Greets

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: New VW MicroBus

Patrick 320d said:
Does anyone know where (what city) this picture was taken??? I mean, the buildings in the background.

Patrick

NY, I think.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: New VW MicroBus

Patrick 320d said:

I also thought NYC. What are the buildings directly behind the Microbus? The two that look the same. :confused:

Patrick
Are you thinking they're the twin towers? They're much to close together...the Twins *were* HUGE buildings, at least 100ft apart..

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New VW MicroBus

geomax said:
Are you thinking they're the twin towers? They're much to close together...the Twins *were* HUGE buildings, at least 100ft apart..
I was ... I never saw them in person, standing. I visited Ground Zero last November (even made a movie about it), but the buildings opposite of those two look like the buildings that I did see when we walked off Broadway towards Ground Zero. I am most definetly mistaken.

Patrick

·
Crotchety Old Fart
258 Posts
I want one. As long as my wife insists on having a minivan, that is the coolest damn minivan I've ever seen.

That is NYC. The little 3-wheel cop-cart in the background. The traffic cops are everywhere in those things.

Those are not the WTC. I'm pretty sure that location is near the Plaza Hotel and Central park. Just one of the WTC towers would have filled the entire open space in that pic.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New VW MicroBus

Patrick 320d said:

I was ... I never saw them in person, standing. I visited Ground Zero last November (even made a movie about it), but the buildings opposite of those two look like the buildings that I did see when we walked off Broadway towards Ground Zero. I am most definetly mistaken.

Patrick
I think those buildings are next to Rockefeller Center

Maybe the van has diplomatic plates:dunno: ;) NYPD likes writting tickets for those the most:D

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interior pic :)

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DougDogs said:

My God!!!:tsk: :tsk:

does this van come with a sausage maker installed in the dash:dunno: :dunno:
LOL! I was thinking bout the same thing as I saw the pic. Must be very useful for camping :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts