BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
In Mod Heaven
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the WeatherTech floormats in the mail over the weekend and I wanted to post some pics of them. The rear mats had to be cut to fit in the rear. The nice thing is they already have an outline so cutting them to fit was a snap.

I really like the way they look. They were a little pricey though.





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
The local Checker carries these mats and I have considered purchasing them. You mentioned that you cut the rears; did you have to cut the fronts as well?

Of those I have seen, none have the cutouts (or contours) your pics show, forming around the dead pedal and accelerator.
 

·
In Mod Heaven
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Schnitzer said:
The local Checker carries these mats and I have considered purchasing them. You mentioned that you cut the rears; did you have to cut the fronts as well?

Of those I have seen, none have the cutouts (or contours) your pics show, forming around the dead pedal and accelerator.
Goto WeatherTech Mats and enter your vehicle info. The mats cost about $90 for front and rears.

I did not have to cut the fronts. They fit absolutely perfectly.:thumb: You can just purchase the front ones for around $55 w/shipping if that was all you were looking for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Looks good!:thumb:

I bought the same matts amd have the same color as you, but in a sedan. I didn't like the red outline on the matts, so I bought a silver permanent paint pen and painted silver over the red. :D I love the way it looks now with the contrast on a black interior, black matts, aluminum pedals, and silver outline in a silver car :bigpimp:

I don't have a digicam, but I photoshop your picture to show how it looks in my car:

http://taeku.tripod.com/floormat.html
 

·
In Mod Heaven
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
powerdrift said:
Looks good!:thumb:

I bought the same matts amd have the same color as you, but in a sedan. I didn't like the red outline on the matts, so I bought a silver permanent paint pen and painted silver over the red. :D I love the way it looks now with the contrast on a black interior, black matts, aluminum pedals, and silver outline in a silver car :bigpimp:

I don't have a digicam, but I photoshop your picture to show how it looks in my car:
Powerdrift, it was actually your suggestion that made me purchase these mats. :thumb: I forgot the fact that you painted the red strips red. I'll have to try this out, it does look real nice. :D
 

·
In Mod Heaven
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thaydith said:
Ack - how the hell did you get your car so clean?
I am pretty anal when it comes to my car/house.
More my car though since I seem to spend more
time in it.:D

I've been detailing cars since I was around 10.
My dad would let me watch him (he's even more
anal!) and then after awhile, he would "let" me
detail his car.

Typically it will take me about 3 hours to clean
my car (this doesn't include waxing). I'll do
everything from detailing the wheels (which
takes up to 45 minutes if they're really bad) to
cleaning the engine compartment. For the
interior, I will dust, vacuum, armor all, clean all
the glass and apply leather cleaner. This car
is much more difficult to clean then my last car
b/c the vinyl and leather meet in so many
places. I clean the leather last so if I get any
armor all on any leather, I can get it off pretty
easily.

After going for a drive, I'll use McGuire's Quick
Detail Spray to get off any bug marks and
excess wheel detailer from the paint.

I detailed my friends Mercedes two weeks ago
and it was a complete mess before I got to it.
Her wheels were black and the brake dust
could'nt be taken out with normal washing.
I had to use Mothers to clean them. It came
out nice though. . .



Sorry for the long winded description.
 
Joined
·
20,210 Posts
Ackster said:


For the
interior, I will dust, vacuum, armor all, clean all
the glass and apply leather cleaner.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Okay guys...take deep breaths...everything will be okay.

Ackster, put the armour all down, take a couple of steps back....that's good....now run and order some Vinylex or 303!

ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
 

·
In Mod Heaven
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
31st330i said:
just curious... why did you purchase the weathertechs over the OEM mats? OEM mats fit nicely (no cutting), are secured to the floorboard and are cheaper!

http://www.mindspring.com/~pmbenn/floor_mats.htm
I didn't like the way the OEM's looked. Also, these mats hold 1 1/4 quarts of liquid, which will come in handy in these Buffalo winters. :D
 

·
In Mod Heaven
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
atyclb said:


:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Okay guys...take deep breaths...everything will be okay.

Ackster, put the armour all down, take a couple of steps back....that's good....now run and order some Vinylex or 303!

ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Is the Vinylex/303 better for the plastic/vinyle in the car? I have always used armour all.

Btw, thats a whole lotta yikes!:D I had to take two of them out so I could post this with the :D
 

·
.
Joined
·
600 Posts
31st330i said:
just curious... why did you purchase the weathertechs over the OEM mats? OEM mats fit nicely (no cutting), are secured to the floorboard and are cheaper!
I've got the OEM in the E46 and the Weathertechs in another car. While the OEMs are nice, there's really no comparison if you are truly looking for an all-weather mat. I live in mild NorCal and even a little rain pushes the OEM mats to their limit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Ackster said:


I didn't like the way the OEM's looked. Also, these mats hold 1 1/4 quarts of liquid, which will come in handy in these Buffalo winters. :D
Same here, I like the way the Weather Techs look and they are truly all-weather matts. :D Plus I think the OEM rubber matts are fugly.

Oh, and although the Weather Techs are heavy and don't move much, one way to make them move even less is to use use the OEM velcro. Go to an art and craft store, buy some circular fuzzy velcro stuff and glue it to the bottom of the matt. I've been removing the rubber matts for cleaning every month and the glued fuzzy velcro stuff is still working perfectly :thumb: Just like the OEM carpet matt setup :bigpimp:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top