BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Hi,

The thing with alloy wheels is to go lighter so as to reduce unsprung weight. Style 95's are substantially heavier than stock E39 wheels, thus increase unsprung weight i.e the wrong way to do things!

Of course, it it doesn't bother you then all good, however, technically this is a downgrade.

For 19's on the E39, tyre sizes ideally are 275/30/19 rear and 245/35/19 front. You can also run 265/30/19 and 235/35/19 and keep within the required rolling radius and increase tyre choices.

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

The thing with alloy wheels is to go lighter so as to reduce unsprung weight. Style 95's are substantially heavier than stock E39 wheels, thus increase unsprung weight i.e the wrong way to do things!

Of course, it it doesn't bother you then all good, however, technically this is a downgrade.

For 19's on the E39, tyre sizes ideally are 275/30/19 rear and 245/35/19 front. You can also run 265/30/19 and 235/35/19 and keep within the required rolling radius and increase tyre choices.

Cheers, Dennis!
This is just a work car for now. I am getting the parts together to swap a 6.0 ls in it and have a play toy to take to the corvette plant race track near me. Then I will change to the 17 BBS wheels I have.
I like the look and get alot of good comments from others on them

Thanks for the feedback and suggested tire sizes👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts