BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a local glass place here in MA (JNPhilips) replace my cracked windshield on my 05 x3. This is the third time I've had to replace it and always used them

Now my auto headlights are always on during the day. I did notice when the installed it said made in mexico and the manufacturer was Pinkerton. They were supposed to use factory glass. I know BMW doesn't make windshields, but all the other windows are manufactured by Saint Gobain from France.

Where is the sensor located? Is it in the center of windshield where the rain sensor is? It's all smoked out there I'm wondering if it's to dark. Anyone with any experience on this to help me deal with the BS when I call them back?

thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a similar issue on my 330xi when the windshield was replaced. I had some other things going on with the car as I had hit a deer and replaced my xenon headlights to halogen. With the halogen lights I had to replace the light control module and lost my rain sensing wipers. So the systems are tied in together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think the sensor is on the back of the rearview mirror. Pilkington went downhill when they moved production to Mexico. They probably made that area of the windshield too tinted or something for the sensor to read. Just guessing.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I went out for lunch and the lights were off. It was cloudy this morning but my lights definitely would not have been on before the windshield replacement Must be more tint on the windshield

·
Registered
7 Posts
I?ve got the exact same issue after having my windscreen replaced. The rain sensor is also too sensitive. Brought this up but of course the company that replaced the windscreen sent me to BMW which only told me it?s normal. I?d argue that switching on the low beams in bright sunshine is anything but normal.. keep us updated!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I brought it back for the light and wind noise - which was extremely annoying on the highway. The noise is definitely better. The lights still go out later - going live with it I might ask my indie to adjust the sensitivity next oil change

Sent from my SM-T713 using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts