BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
depending on how deep the scratch is it may be able to be taken out. As far as the wiper blades, get the ones that apply a rain-x coating every time they wipe. I hear those are really good wipers!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
depending on how deep the scratch is it may be able to be taken out. As far as the wiper blades, get the ones that apply a rain-x coating every time they wipe. I hear those are really good wipers!
Which? At this point I'm happy with any that just don't further damage the windshield. Is the Left side wiper different from the Right?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Same thing happend to me... I had the same scratch mark on my windsheild but before I could have gotten it fixed a rock from a truck hit my windsheild while I was driving on the highway and I had to get the whole thing replaced.... But the inserts from the dealship seem to work fine for me I think I paid $20 for them.... Aftermarket one's were a pain IMO....

·
President
8,099 Posts
your windshield got scratched from an inproper installation

its the clips that hold the wiper inserts that most likely scratched your windshield

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well, I just had my windshield replaced from the properly installed, factory windshield wipers. Also, DO NOT TRY TO POLISH THE GLASS. I tried with the Janvil system and it did not help. Made things optically worse. Also, I discovered I was having the same issue with the replaced glass so I made some mods to the plastic aero foil so it will not leave scratches again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts