BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the new world record for repair bill. $34,215.18 . My car overheated yesterday and seems to have the notorious coolant weep hole issue. I made the stupid choice to have the dealer also look at some other stuff (power steering leaks, oil leaks etc) so they came back and gave me the longest list of stuff wrong I have ever seen. I have a 2002 745i which might drop a little oil but other than that has been perfect for over 4 years.

I have been looking at doing the weep hole fix myself using the AGA kit or an independent take a look. What do you guys think?

-Bummerfest

·
President
8,098 Posts
NICE!

i had a repair bill for like $10k that my extended warranty paid for, that was the weep hole.

but this is crazy!

take a picture with your phone and post it up,

i want to see what they think your car needs and the prices they want.

i know they want almost $10k for the weep hole alone

·
Besessen Deutsch Autos
1,129 Posts
I have got to see that list, along with costs and etcetera also

·
Registered
101 Posts
Go for it. What could possibly go wrong.

·
Asanti Edition BMW
43 Posts
That is a big $&@ bill. I have a 06' 7 and if you take the kbb of mine with yours it wouldn't makes that repair bill. They should be ashamed to present you that bill as if you were going to agree with it.

Sent from my MB860 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
Nothing surprises me with this.

·
SideShow activist
407 Posts
I wouldve debated punching the SA in the face

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Of course the SA let me know that they have some great vehicles out front... I get the impression from BMW dealers at least that if your car is over a certain age or mileage, you are shunned and shouldn't possibly think continuing driving that POS vehicle. Isn't engineering and long lasting durability their trademark? Anyways here is the quote kind of hard to read but you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Thats crazy. Estimate for all that cant be right price. If you look at last quote it says coolant pipe repair kit for 850. Then in the beginning of estimate it says bmw way with the original pipe totaling 40 hours. I think the just pulled the most expensive repairs and put an estimate.

·
CRISP & CLEAN
4,211 Posts
Is it just me or Does it seem strange that this dealership would be using the
AGA ( ALL GERMAN AUTO ) COOLANT PIPE .

If you look close at his quote it say's BMAGA coolant pipe kit .
here it is copied & pasted from his quote =

" 1 BMAGA-PIPE-KIT COOLANT PIPE KIT 850.00 850.00
1 BM11-14-7-507-278 CAP WITH SEAL 81.97 81.97
1 BM82-14-1-467-704 COOLANT 23.80 23.80 "

also in that quote they charge you 3x's for coolant & a couple times for oil ,
I'm sure there are other items they probably double charge you for

·
Banned
3,059 Posts
Going over that bill I realized it seemed more and more like they were running out of ideas to bill for parts and labor and fixes. I'd make a copy of that bill and a copy of your ownership along with a copy of blue book value and mail it to BMW CEO directly. I'd also mention in there that the same was being sent to the local papers.

·
CRISP & CLEAN
4,211 Posts
Does seem strange but it is much cheapee and better quality then factory pipe.
I find it really strange Cause , I was told by McKenna BMW .
That no dealership would ever use the AGA PIPE KIT . Simply
because it is not made by BMW . Therefore they can not &
will not install anything not produced by BMW itself , Along
with the fact that they wouldn't be able to warranty an item
not produced by them .

I discussed this with My S.A . & he even had the Master Tech
& Master Mechanic come out from the shop area to discuss
this with me a few Months back , when I thought I had the
weephole issue . After that I took My car to ALL GERMAN AUTO .
Luckily they informed me it was not the weephole at that time .

·
BMW Enthusiast
334 Posts
I have the new world record for repair bill. $34,215.18 . My car overheated yesterday and seems to have the notorious coolant weep hole issue. I made the stupid choice to have the dealer also look at some other stuff (power steering leaks, oil leaks etc) so they came back and gave me the longest list of stuff wrong I have ever seen. I have a 2002 745i which might drop a little oil but other than that has been perfect for over 4 years.

I have been looking at doing the weep hole fix myself using the AGA kit or an independent take a look. What do you guys think?

-Bummerfest
My Indy did it for it $1100 :banana:

·
Besessen Deutsch Autos
1,129 Posts
Dude they're trying to replace your head gaskets and power steering system like lol what the hell are your heads even warped? Or the gaskets blown? When my exp tank split down the middle i drove about 60 miles home like this with no issue, these heads and head gaskets are beasts, seems to me like they're trying to get you to dump your car and buy one from them :bustingup
If you want to keep the car DIY or have an indy do the aga pipe, if not dont disclose that repair estimate to potential buyers :rofl:

·
Registered
256 Posts
This is a classic case of overlapping labor charges. the labor on the Valve Cover gaskets is $1,248 then the labor on the Head gaskets is $4,368.
you have to remove the valve covers to do the Head Gaskets. Criminal I tell you

You should send this estimate to BMW.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts