BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New x3 owner...

827 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  BimmurBrothor
Hi guys, hoping for some answers. Just got this 2005 x3 and it's got a few issues.

1. When I first got it, the heaters were working, but nothing would come out of the defrost vents. The controls are the dial style, and it didn't seem to line up - I'd have it pointing at the feet and it wouldn't blow there (but would be blowing from the face vents). Last time I started it, no fan at all.

2. The passenger's seat has what we thought was a cigarette burn....but it's actually from the heated seat! Obviously won't be using that anymore, but wondering if anyone else has run into this.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Yea, mine has the same thing. It actually shocks me in the ass if I use the seat heater, it's really annoying. The seat heaters are built into the seat covers, and the covers are a thousand dollars.

I plan to go to a junkyard to try to find another seat, but annoyingly enough, it seems like every non-sport X3 was made with a grey or tan interior. The black interiors like mine are really hard to find.
2. The passenger's seat has what we thought was a cigarette burn....but it's actually from the heated seat! Obviously won't be using that anymore, but wondering if anyone else has run into this.
There is a guy on eBay that sells the heat pads alone, ~$80 for the top or bottom. Their the OEM size and fit for the X3. Look at my progress thread you will see how I fixed my drivers one.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Here's a great article! Gives you a gereral overview of the BMW cooling system you must read before repair....

http://www.import-car.com/bmw-clima...oling-system-problems-first-speeds-repairs/2/

Sent from my SM-J727T using Bimmerfest mobile app
This looks like EXACTLY what I need!! Thanks a million.
This looks like EXACTLY what I need, thanks a million!
Here's a great article! Gives you a gereral overview of the BMW cooling system you must read before repair....

http://www.import-car.com/bmw-clima...oling-system-problems-first-speeds-repairs/2/

Sent from my SM-J727T using Bimmerfest mobile app
Look at what the technical report says concerning your #1....

***65532;BMW 3 Series Technical Help Fault: The flap motors of the AC or heater do not match the settings on the AC control. Switching off and on the ignitionswitch a few times causes a fault when the air distribution setting is unchanged. Cars involved: All vehicles having semi-automatic temperature control manufactured between July 2000 and August 2001. Reason: The AC or heater flap motors move a little every time the ignition is switched off and on. AC Control Module has a software fault. Solution: Attach the modified AC controlmodule whose part no is 64.116.911.632.

05 X3 175k
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.