BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I've just purchased a 2012 X5 35i, sport/tech/convenience packages. This is my 3rd Bimmer, following a '97 528i, and a beloved '06 530Xi wagon. The X5 has 70,000 miles on it, and my first move was buying new tires all around, Conti DWS06. Not cheap, but the grip offered by these monstrously wide tires (20" wheels) is impressive.

So far I'm loving the new ride, it handles beautifully, far better than I thought it would, for being such a heavy, large vehicle, and the turbo 6-banger has plenty of power for the kind of driving I do.

I've just finished updating the iDrive software, and hopefully will be updating the maps soon as well.

Happy driving folks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Congrats! I just bought a 2012 CPO with the convenience, navigation, premium sound, comfort and cold weather package.

How did you go about updating the software?

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Post pix.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BMW's website has a page where you enter the last 7 of your VIN, and it lets you download the software update. Copy it onto a clean USB stick (nothing else on it at all, formatted for FAT32), insert into center console USB slot, and select update software from the iDrive settings menu. Failing that, Google is your friend.

·
Registered
188 Posts
BMW's website has a page where you enter the last 7 of your VIN, and it lets you download the software update. Copy it onto a clean USB stick (nothing else on it at all, formatted for FAT32), insert into center console USB slot, and select update software from the iDrive settings menu. Failing that, Google is your friend.
Thank you.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Does anyone know if updating idrive will erase any coding I have done?
All coding I did with the Carly app remained intact after the idrive update

1 - 7 of 7 Posts