BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Non-Natural Aspirations
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after some delay and a rather exhaustive search, I picked up my X5D yesterday!

Here it is! (Excuse the FS ad pictures..I don't have any yet)

It is as follows:

2011 X5 Xdrive35d
Black on Cinnamon
66k miles

It seems to be fairly well equipped, and has the towing package so I can tow the racecar if need be! I made the 300 mile trip back from Chicago to STL yesterday and averaged 28.2 mpg at 76 mph! I love it!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nice!

I love the black on brown. I had hoped to find similar, but ended up w/ the Platinum Grey and tan leather.

Mind sharing what you paid? I can PM you if you prefer not to disclose.

·
Non-Natural Aspirations
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I had been searching for a while because I didn't want White exterior or Tan/Oyster interior..so that limited the available cars significantly..

PM sent

·
Registered
448 Posts
Looks great, nice combo. First thing i would be doing if it was me is tint the front windows to match and get black kidneys or paint/dip them black.
Some style 214 20s will look great on it.

·
Non-Natural Aspirations
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I am undecided on what I am going to do with it still..I have a money pit already in my M3, lol.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Cheap upgrades that make a big difference i think. Front two window tint and painting the grills black (vs buying black ones) is cheap and will add to the look.
Also, an inexpensive HID kit for the fogs (or LED bulbs) with code eliminators makes a big difference in light output and looks.

·
Non-Natural Aspirations
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Noted! I will look in to it! Suggestions on where to get the fogs?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Noted! I will look in to it! Suggestions on where to get the fogs?
I think they are H11 bulbs so ebay, amazon you name it. You can find it in a lot of places.
Just make sure it says error free, otherwise you will get Bulb Out messages.

·
Non-Natural Aspirations
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah ok..thanks!

Also..how can I tell if I have combox, CIC, etc..?

·
Non-Natural Aspirations
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol thanks!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Another personal thought on this X5D: I agree that front-window tinting will enhance the look; I also suggest tinting the Moonroof. The BMW dealer did this at a very reasonable cost and it makes a difference in my opinion, in both aesthetics and comfort (I live in FLA).

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yea, i got my moonroof tinted as well, my bald head doesn't heat up anymore. Makes a huge difference. Actually, get all the windows tinted. Im not sure if your stock tint has UV blocking or its just the color.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Another personal thought on this X5D: I agree that front-window tinting will enhance the look; I also suggest tinting the Moonroof. The BMW dealer did this at a very reasonable cost and it makes a difference in my opinion, in both aesthetics and comfort (I live in FLA).
I've been tod you can't tint the windshield due to the tint messing with the auto windshield sensor

1 - 15 of 15 Posts