Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

2011 X5 E70 N55 engine. I had Dynamic stability malfunction yellow light and replaced the YAW speed sensor under driver passenger underwell with a second hand part.

I still have the yellow light. Does anyone know if the second hand YAW speed sensor must be coded with VIN to function/re-calibrate itself?

Dealer said VIN must be programmed and they ONLY program new part ($585 part), but I also saw people said at least 2007 and earlier X5 models work immediately without reprogramming replaced YAW sensors.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,
-Nick

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Did you start the vehicle, then turn the steering wheel from lock to lock (all the way counter clockwise...then all the way clockwise)?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I suspected if the steering angle sensor needed to be re-calibrated and made end-to-end turns. But it didn't make any difference.

-Nick

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For few months, the only code I had was "6DC3: DSC: DSC sensor : adjustment required" until very last few days a new "P0127 intake air temperature too high" appeared.

Thanks,
-Nick

·
BMW CCA 69606
2,146 Posts
WinKFP will let you change the VIN.
Did you have this code before you replaced the sensor?

0x6dc3 6DC3 - yaw rate sensor: new DRS sensor detected. Stored serial number does not match to the received paßt nicht zu serial number ongitudinal acceleration sensor calibration required

If you run the ISTA test plan, it may take you to the calibration procedure.

·
Registered
2012 X5d
162 Posts
Hi,

2011 X5 E70 N55 engine. I had Dynamic stability malfunction yellow light and replaced the YAW speed sensor under driver passenger underwell with a second hand part.

I still have the yellow light. Does anyone know if the second hand YAW speed sensor must be coded with VIN to function/re-calibrate itself?

Dealer said VIN must be programmed and they ONLY program new part ($585 part), but I also saw people said at least 2007 and earlier X5 models work immediately without reprogramming replaced YAW sensors.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,
-Nick
Hi, can you clarify where the part was located? Did you mean under the passenger seat?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts