BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was on the 5 north while i was driving in my school. Almost got into a few accidents but im ok. I got some pics of the back and side, I was in my hyundai and the fool kept speeding. As soon as I get them developed you will be the first to see. I wont lie, it looked exactly like an s2000 with blacked out lights in the back but the whole car is excellent. Im not even playing, I dont even like bangle.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
I get a kick out of that, it's the easiest way to sopt someone from So. Cal.

Up here we say "I was driving on I-405 to..." then ya hear someone saying "I take the 5 to the 30 freeway..."

BINGO! a Cali person! Kinda like "Soda" and "Pop" with the East Coast -vs- West...

It's all GOOD! :thumb:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Re: Sorta like Hellman's v. Best Foods

EugieBaange said:
You don't put "The" in front of peoples' names (unless you're Donald Trump).
Is it OK to say "The Bangle" ? :D

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
in_d_haus said:
I get a kick out of that, it's the easiest way to sopt someone from So. Cal.

Up here we say "I was driving on I-405 to..." then ya hear someone saying "I take the 5 to the 30 freeway..."

BINGO! a Cali person! Kinda like "Soda" and "Pop" with the East Coast -vs- West...

It's all GOOD! :thumb:
Oh yeah? What about when we refer to our freeways by their names? A seasoned Angelino will know which part of a numbered freeway you're refering to by its name:

Santa Monica / San Bernardino Fwy
Artesia / Riverside Fwy
Ventura / Hollywood Fwy
Long Beach Fwy
Corona Expwy

:lmao: :lmao:

·
blubb blubb blubb
1,168 Posts
I lived in Los Angeles for a while. On my very first day there, I noticed how the people add "the" before each freeway number. At first, I thought that the people there are just dumb. True, of course. ;) But I really think it's because freeways are such a prominent part of life in LA, like nowhere else. So freeways get elevated in importance such that they warrant a "the" before them. Just my thoughts...

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
We know our freeways

I prefer the Century Speedway!

How about the identification of problem areas:

Los Alomitos Curve
South Bay Curve
The 4 level
Sepulveda Pass

and my personal favorite: THE Orange Crush

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
JonW said:
I lived in Los Angeles for a while. On my very first day there, I noticed how the people add "the" before each freeway number. At first, I thought that the people there are just dumb. True, of course. ;) But I really think it's because freeways are such a prominent part of life in LA, like nowhere else. So freeways get elevated in importance such that they warrant a "the" before them. Just my thoughts...
I think that's a good an explaination as any. Its not merely '405.' its THE 405, the same way someone might refer to 'THE King' (Elvis) or 'THE Great One' (Gretzky).

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Re: We know our freeways

scottn2retro said:
I prefer the Century Speedway!

Of course, the problem with that is the 105 was renamed (as was the 118) but the new name hasn't caught on.

How about the identification of problem areas:

Los Alomitos Curve
South Bay Curve
The 4 level
Sepulveda Pass

and my personal favorite: THE Orange Crush
Well, this is easier to explain, since its easier to refer to 'The 4 Level' vs. the '101 / 110 interchange' or 'the Sepulveda Pass' vs 'the part of the 405 between Sunset and the 101.'

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
JonW said:
We didn't even append the article to our freeway names in Detroit (except for 696, which was sometimes known as "the Autobahn"), and you know how important roads/cars are to Michiganders.

My in-depth analysis? It's because Californians are weird.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
We kinda got off the topic of the original post. Can't wait to see the pics. Sounds a lot like the spy photos I saw in a Chinese magazine. Straighter lines on the car with S2000 like front and rear (even the tail lights). Maybe the designers were tired of catching flack for Bangle Butts and the like, decided to take a break and just ripped off the S2000.

·
^yup, it's me^
2,215 Posts
shahin said:
It was on the 5 north while i was driving in my school. Almost got into a few accidents but im ok. I got some pics of the back and side, I was in my hyundai and the fool kept speeding. As soon as I get them developed you will be the first to see. I wont lie, it looked exactly like an s2000 with blacked out lights in the back but the whole car is excellent. Im not even playing, I dont even like bangle.
5 North at which exits and what time? I doubt it's being used as a commuter car but they may be using the route to get to some test facility. I, for one am going to be on the lookout. Post pics as soon as they are available please.

As far as using 'the' in front of freeway designators...who really cares? Get over it, you're not going to change the habits of an entire city of people by posting about it here.

·
Premium Member
4,073 Posts
Re: Re: new z3 spotted on an LA freeway

CaliJeff said:
I, for one am going to be on the lookout. Post pics as soon as they are available please.
Jeff,

You should take a trip up to DEsignworks in Newbury park. Hang out and see if one comes by there. It may live at VPC on the other hand.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.