BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 540i with a dead right bank. Swapped upstream o2 sensors, swapped coil packs around and nothing yet. I am waiting on a scanner but didn't know if there is something obvious I might be missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.:dunno:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have a 95 540i with a dead right bank. Swapped upstream o2 sensors, swapped coil packs around and nothing yet. I am waiting on a scanner but didn't know if there is something obvious I might be missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.:dunno:
For starters Welcome to the Fest ! anyway for anyone to give you any help would you please give more information leading to the right bank dying . such as overheating , any work that has been done lately ? etc , etc , etc. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome and the quick response. Car has ran fine with no other problems, just started missing and the 4 right bank coils aren't getting any juice. I have searched the hell out of this and cant find anything on it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and the quick response. Car has ran fine with no other problems, just started missing and the 4 right bank coils aren't getting any juice. I have searched the hell out of this and cant find anything on it.
I am not for sure but sounds like a possibly going bad CPS ( crank position sensor ) But if you hang for a few , there are more experienced DIY people in here ... I'm sure they would help ! This forum and the members haven't failed me yet ! NOEL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the delay, the holidays are beating me up at work. Imma try the cps and see what happens, thanks for the input.

·
BMW CCA Memeber #445389
3,287 Posts
CPS wouldn't cause a "dead bank" or the coils to not get any juice. How did you find that the coils weren't getting power?

·
SawheadE34
457 Posts
Can you explain how you came to the conclusion of a dead bank? The more info the better. I'd imagine that with a "dead bank" you'd also have a CEL so more details please.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No cel and came to the conclusion that the bank was dead by unplugging all four coils with the car running and no difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts