BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am the new owner of a 2008 535i. My window has made its rapid disappearance. I am hoping the "zip-tie fix" applies to my regulator woes. I can't get into the door to find out.

I have attempted and failed to find a tutorial on removing the drivers side, rear, door panel. There is a video on youtube that is an e60 but it has an emblem to remove with a screw under it. Mine doesn't have such an emblem.

Thus far:
- batt disconnected
- 2 screws at bottom & front edges removed
- front, bottom, & back edges popped loose

It seems that the middle of the door is firmly attached.
I cannot slide it up.
I cannot remove the wood grain.
:mad:

Please throw me a bone here!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay....frustration and a reduced sense of concern helped me get the panel off. All I had to do was pull up rather hard while titling left and right. The clips along the window's edge were all that was still holding it.

·
DJ Tino
8 Posts
My 06 325i used to do that i would have to turn off the car for 15 minutes start it up and immediately flick the window button to get it up

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well...I'm not so lucky. My window regulator, lift cable is a nest. So far, I have the motor removed. I am about to remove the window so I can get the regulator out and see if I can rebuild it or if I will have to remove it.

They aren't expensive. But, I'd like to be able to repair it.

In my 3 months of ownership, I have had to replace the water pump, coolant reservoir, thermostat (precautionary), tail light harness (recall: melted) and now the window regulator. It's times like these, I wonder why I sold my Corvette for a BMW. :dunno:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts