BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 2007 Z4 3.0i with steptronic auto transmission. The P on the transmission stays lighted even after the car is turned off and the key removed. Is this normal? I was thinking it might run the battery down. THANKS in advance.:eek::eek: The interior lights turn off in a few seconds.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just bought a 2007 Z4 3.0i with steptronic auto transmission. The P on the transmission stays lighted even after the car is turned off and the key removed. Is this normal? I was thinking it might run the battery down. THANKS in advance.:eek::eek: The interior lights turn off in a few seconds.
No help needed. The P on the transmission selector finally quit lighting up. The other lights went out in a few seconds but that light stayed on about 10 minutes. Strange..but everything seems to work.:)

·
Registered
12,835 Posts
Normal BMW activity with an automatic.

Steve
^This^

Just another quirky little thing that someone at BMW thought would be a useful feature.

Another is that if you've had the radio on and you turn the ignition off and remove the key, you can press the radio power button momentarily, and the radio will come on and play for approximately 20 minutes one time.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^This^

Just another quirky little thing that someone at BMW thought would be a useful feature.

Another is that if you've had the radio on and you turn the ignition off and remove the key, you can press the radio power button momentarily, and the radio will come on and play for approximately 20 minutes one time.
I think it's strange but I'm happy nothing is wrong. Thanks for the help.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts