BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 M6 convertible
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all!

Pending a clean bill of health from a pre-purchase inspection later this week, I'll be the proud owner of a 2009 M6 convertible. (A bit of a dream car for me, really.) These forums have been so valuable in helping to determine what I should look for, what to avoid, and what I need to do to keep her on the road. I appreciate all the help I've received so-far and look forward to staying connected.

This will be my second BMW. Had a '15 328i X-Drive Gran Tourismo and sold it last year. (Have been missing it ever since.)

Feel free to drop a note and say hello!

-BW

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

·
Registered
2009 M6 convertible
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely. It came through the PPI with flying colors. Our local dealership is pretty thorough and even sent me some videos. Three points of concern came back: oil seal for final drive input flange is starting to weep a bit, tension struts are showing some wear, control arms showing wear. Not terribly expensive - quoted $3k for all from dealership - but we've got a couple of Bimmerhead garages in town so I'll do some price shopping. Everything else came back in great shape. I should be picking it up Thursday morning. :love:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts