BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all! I should be taking posession of a 2005 545i within the next few weeks. Found her via swapalease and couldn't have asked for a better car and deal. The car is orient blue with the beige interior and is gorgeous.. as soon as I get her, will definitely post pics.

In any event, just wanted to ask what everyone loves about their 5 series, preferably the 545... what everyone dislikes and what you wish you didn't have to deal with?

I did a lot of searching on this and other boards but haven't seen any pros or cons listing of the car.

I love the Bimmer so it's no question why I'm getting it, just curious to see what everyone thinks....

·
Registered
15 Posts
PROS: nice torque, smooth ride, handles great for a tank (but not as nimble as a 3er)

CONS: little things that are fixable (creaky windows, delay from dead stop on step, stupid anti-trap windows)

all in all, I was lookin for a m3 but wanted a 4door so the big 5er worked for me...

·
Registered
674 Posts
You'll be happy to know that the 2005 e60s (525, 530, 545) are rather bulletproof compared to the problems that have afflicted some with 2006 and 2007 e60s.

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
For the 9 months I had my 545i (9k miles), it was puuurrrrrrffffffect! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
jiio said:
You'll be happy to know that the 2005 e60s (525, 530, 545) are rather bulletproof compared to the problems that have afflicted some with 2006 and 2007 e60s.
Actually, my '06 530i has been bulletproof so far and I have owned it since October with 11,200 miles on it. Knock on Wood :angel:

-e60lover

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
citan, thanks for the feedback ,love the handles great for a tank comment.. it's got to be better than my current slow car. :)

jiio, awesome to hear. I was worried that the lack of response was that too many people were having problems with them so they'd get rid of them.

Agent99, why only 9 months? Glad to hear it was purfect!

e60lover, glad to hear.. what's your favorite feature of the car?

Thanks all for the feedback.. I've gotten some not so great feedback on other forums...

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
e60lover said:
Actually, my '06 530i has been bulletproof so far and I have owned it since October with 11,200 miles on it. Knock on Wood :angel:-e60lover
Picked ours up in Oct. '06 as well. 22,000 miles and purrrrrrrrrrfect! The best features are:

1) The handling
2) The handling
3) The handling

Oh, it also looks great, is extremely comfortable, and offers great features like HUD, Comfort Seats, Nav, etc.

Best wishes with your new car. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
octee said:
The original plan was to get a 550i via ED in September but that has fallen through (financial weren't working :( ) so now perhaps next Spring I might look into getting one. The new engine should allow for some great deals next Spring.

Anyway, I couldn't justify 3 BMWs in our stable so the 545i had to go...now we only have 1.... :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mdsbuc, the look of the car has always attracted me.. the handling, well that's what I absolutely had to have!! thanks for the feedback.

Agent99, sorry to hear that but you will more than likely get a fantastic deal!! Things happen for a reason and all that... :)

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
octee said:
mdsbuc, the look of the car has always attracted me.. the handling, well that's what I absolutely had to have!! thanks for the feedback.
:thumbup: Can't wait to see the pics. We had ordered Orient Blue, but a production change in Sept. '05 deleted the Orient and added Monaco. I love that color. :beerchug:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know what you mean, can't wait to get the car.. I just sent off the papers to BMW Financial to assume the lease and am hoping that it's a fast turnaround....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Octee

I just ordered my 3rd 5 Series, and can't think of any other car I would drive.

I had a 2004 Acura TL, which is a superb car in its own right, but no where near the 5'er.

Get behind the wheel, feel the power, the road and the sheer beauty of this car and you will be in heaven...............

Congrats and enjoy !

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
highway said:
Hi Octee I just ordered my 3rd 5 Series, and can't think of any other car I would drive.
Three! A veteran Bimmer Guy. :thumbup: Welcome to the Fest! :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
octee said:
citan, thanks for the feedback ,love the handles great for a tank comment.. it's got to be better than my current slow car. :)

jiio, awesome to hear. I was worried that the lack of response was that too many people were having problems with them so they'd get rid of them.

e60lover, glad to hear.. what's your favorite feature of the car?

Thanks all for the feedback.. I've gotten some not so great feedback on other forums...
Hey, I would have to say that my favorite feature about my 5er is the Navigation System, eventhough the BMW system and German Systems in genral are not as good a Japanese systems, I still love mine to take me to my buisnuess things and friends houses that spreads across SoCal. Xenon Adaptive headlights are also a liked feature. I also love the typical BMW features from a 4-time BMW owner like the orange backlighting of the insturment cluster, Twin-Kidney Grill etc. And who can resist the overall sexyness of the 5 in genral. :) Good Luck!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks highway, I see this as the first in many 5's in my future. :) Can't wait to get it and enjoy it!

e60lover, thanks for the feedback.. I don't believe mine has the nav but I'm wondering if it's possible to upgrade the current system to a nav, does anyone know? Definitley have always loved that amber backlight and the grill, awesome!!!

thanks again!

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
octee said:
I don't believe mine has the nav but I'm wondering if it's possible to upgrade the current system to a nav, does anyone know?
Don't even go there...just enjoy the car and make sure to get one with NAV already installed next time! :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts