BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you in advance for the opportunity to be a part of this forum! I found the fest on the internet and am happy to see there is a place to absorb knowledge from the bimmer veterans.

I have a 92 325i that has been sitting for about a year. My son turned sixteen in January and we decided to get the thing running shortly after his birthday. The car is a 4 dr sedan 5 speed with 172k on the odometer.

Against my better judgement, I gave the ok to let jr. loose with it during a week when the temperatures averaged about 26f. Not so good.

If the car wasn't so fun to drive, I would have sent it to its resting place.
So far we have replaced fuel pump, small fuel line, clutch slave cylinder, lower control arm bushings, alternator, and now in the middle of tackling oil pan gasket.

Would love to hear from you seasoned bimmermen (or women for that matter) on what looms around the corner. What do you recommend for proactive maintenance? Jr. went from being really excited about this car to "Now what's wrong with it?"

Berner

·
Delusions of Grandeur!
685 Posts
Welcome to the Fest. Good luck on the car. I hope you get everything ironed out with it. If you havent allready head on over the the forum for that year, and start plugg'n away with the searches and questions about your problems.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been Officially welcomed to the 'Fest. Try using the "Search" function first to see if your question(s) have already been discussed. If nothing comes up, then post your question here: 3 Series Forum. You'll get a better response there. This forum is mainly for introducing yourself. :thumbup::roundel:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts