BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, just new to both Bmw and this site. hope you'll be able to help with a little problem. was refueling the car the other day (99, 318i e46) and when i restarted the car went to reset the milage, but pushed in the right hand button instead, since then i've had the handbrake light the abs light and the traction control light stay in the lit position on the dash and the speedo and odometer aren't working? any help with this would be great?? :)
Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi there, just new to both Bmw and this site. hope you'll be able to help with a little problem. was refueling the car the other day (99, 318i e46) and when i restarted the car went to reset the milage, but pushed in the right hand button instead, since then i've had the handbrake light the abs light and the traction control light stay in the lit position on the dash and the speedo and odometer aren't working? any help with this would be great?? :)
Thanks

Peter
Hey mate, based on experience, your speed sensors and/or ABS/DSC unit are dead.
If the unit are dead, we are talking about 1000 pounds, including 2 speed sensors (Usually) and work included at a BMW dealership.

Good luck

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Hey mate, based on experience, your speed sensors and/or ABS/DSC unit are dead.
If the unit are dead, we are talking about 1000 pounds, including 2 speed sensors (Usually) and work included at a BMW dealership.

Good luck
Yea, seriously doubt pushing the knob made the lights come on. Probably coincidence. It could be a battery going bad or a wheel speed sensor. The ASC (since you have a 99) is not a common failure item (good news for you) but the wheel speed sensor is.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yea, seriously doubt pushing the knob made the lights come on. Probably coincidence. It could be a battery going bad or a wheel speed sensor. The ASC (since you have a 99) is not a common failure item (good news for you) but the wheel speed sensor is.
Yep get a diag
Hopefuly that will only be a speed sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts