BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

newbie question

732 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  vern
I keep checking the owners circle to see when my bmw starts production-its been a month since ordering. Do they start production based on the order date or on the date that I plan to pick it up in Munich. Out of curiousity, how long does it take to manufacture
once it starts production?
Fred
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Which car? Most ED cars have to be built three weeks before pickup. For my 545, it was 2 days of production. You are better off checking over the phone than Owner's Circle. Over the phone is more accurate.
drfred said:
I keep checking the owners circle to see when my bmw starts production-its been a month since ordering. Do they start production based on the order date or on the date that I plan to pick it up in Munich. Out of curiousity, how long does it take to manufacture
once it starts production?
Fred
330ci convertible
My 330cic went into production about two weeks before my pickup date. Just be patient. It will eventually change status in Owners Circle shortly before you depart.

Enjoy ED, it's definitely worth it!
Different Experiences...

I picked up my 330Cic on March 24th. It went into production February 14th. I ordered it the first week in December. I'm not sure that it all "adds up" -- except that it has to be ready upon your arrival.

/Paul
330Cic
Sparkling Graphite
your situation isn't that unusual. Your dealer should be able to tell you the production status more accurately and in more detail than OC or calling BMW NA.
Thanks, appreciate your responses.
Fred
You are better off talking to your salesman,(if he is any good),they get daily status reports on your car.My salesman even told me that they had to replace the first aid kit because it was missing and then he showed be on there status sheet.I wouldn't rely to much on Owner's Circle they are very very slow on there reports.I took redelivery on 2/22/05 and they still show my car at the VPC.Good luck
cheers
vern
drfred said:
Thanks, appreciate your responses.
Fred
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.