BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· This Guy
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new user here with a few questions I could not find answers for when I searched. First of all, I have a '98 328i, 76k miles, all records, runs great. My questions are: Can I put an onboard computer in my car since I do not have one? How hard would it be to put tilt in this car (was it even an option?) and is it even possible? What are my options for wheels, i.e. are M3 wheels out of the question as far as clearance goes? How hard will it be to replace the passenger door lock actuator myself? Thanks for the help guys! If any of these questions are repetitious or easily found searching (I was unable to find the answers), please let me know!

-Colin

· Registered
52 Posts
Shabba said:
Hey guys, new user here with a few questions I could not find answers for when I searched. First of all, I have a '98 328i, 76k miles, all records, runs great. My questions are: Can I put an onboard computer in my car since I do not have one? How hard would it be to put tilt in this car (was it even an option?) and is it even possible? What are my options for wheels, i.e. are M3 wheels out of the question as far as clearance goes? How hard will it be to replace the passenger door lock actuator myself? Thanks for the help guys! If any of these questions are repetitious or easily found searching (I was unable to find the answers), please let me know!

-Colin
I'm not sure about the onboard computer or tilt but the M3 rims will certainly fit and the door actuator shouldnt give you to much trouble
good luck :)

· This Guy
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
m44droptop said:
I'm not sure about the onboard computer or tilt but the M3 rims will certainly fit and the door actuator shouldnt give you to much trouble
good luck :)
Funny thing...the temps reached 50 today and the lock actuator is working really well, so perhaps another day! I had read that putting heated seats in the car is possible but does anyone have an idea how hard it is or how much $$ it might be? :)

-Colin

· EURO STYLE
251 Posts
The mods that you want to do are really $$$$.

The heated seats, first you have to find the seats with the heated option switches, etc.

The OBC is really a pain in the butt to wire! tailights, headlights, lic plate light, corners, etc. Thermometer, speed, MPH, etc.

Not a good idea.

Rims M3's really good mod with no problems at at all.

· This Guy
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
three28i said:
I haven't done it, but it can be done. Here is a starting point:
DIY for OBC conversion

Good luck.
Thanks so much. That sounds like a project and something I am interested in. Insofar as the seats go, I figured it would be some $$...I'm in Virginia..anyone have any idea where a good junkyard is around the Richmond area that might have the parts I need? I'm going to check the 'net for the OBC stuff so maybe in my search, I will run across a set of seats and a decent set of M3 wheels. Thanks for the help fellas!
:thumbup:
-Colin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.