BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wats up im frank and im currently lookin into purchasing a BMW. I currently drive a 98 volvo s70..part of the volvospeed forum(if anyones familiar wit it). Im fond of the ci models preferably since their sportier than the 4 door 3series. I need some guidance into what model 3 series, 2 or 4 door, year, etc. Im now nothing about bmw's except that i like the styling and feel of the car, since my cuz has an 01 323i. All help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2018 M4 Competition Package•2019 540i MSport
8,360 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
frankybotz87 said:
wats up im frank and im currently lookin into purchasing a BMW. I currently drive a 98 volvo s70..part of the volvospeed forum(if anyones familiar wit it). Im fond of the ci models preferably since their sportier than the 4 door 3series. I need some guidance into what model 3 series, 2 or 4 door, year, etc. Im now nothing about bmw's except that i like the styling and feel of the car, since my cuz has an 01 323i. All help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
What is your price range?

Your cousin has what is known as an "E46" ("E" German mean Entwicklung i.e. development series number 46. The "current" model year is E90) Are you sure its a 2001? www.edmunds.com lists 2001 model year E46 as 325i or a 2.5 litre engine. A 323i would be a model year 2000.

A sedan (4D) vs. coupe (2D) is about personal choice. Do you have kids? Do you like a sportier "look"?

A bimmer is not about stoplight grand prix, I consistenly get out run by large trucks and minivans :D). The handling, steering and roadholding will be first rate. Reliability (IMHO anyway) will be average. Interior and exterior fit and finish will be excellent. The car will be driver centered.

Many people believe a "pure" BMW will be a sedan with manual transmission and sport package (only) but your mileage may vary according to what's important to you.

Try these web sites:

This is a good overview of E46 325 cars, sedans especially:

http://www.bmw325i.net/index.shtml

Here's a handy checklist guide if you find a car:

http://www.e46fanatics.com/faq/checklist.html

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for your brief overview to my question, I see that mainly its all about personal preference, and like always the price willing to be spent.The links that were posted made it more clear on what to look for when ready to make a decision.

·
Dragon Master of TEXAS!
876 Posts
Welcome to the 'FEST! Glad to have you join us!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is mileage a big thing when buying a bmw? how long do they last with the right care? wats the mileage some ppl have on their cars?

·
Dragon Master of TEXAS!
876 Posts
Welcome to the 'FEST!
Glad to have you join us here! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts