Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined Bimmerfest. My 2010 335D has been having issues with P20EE. Been to the dealership twice already and now the code is back. So far, we have replaced NOx sensors, coolant thermostat, SCR metering valve. NOx were covered under warranty. The other items were not. I have now contacted BMW North America for assistance. I am finding much discussion on these forums and realize that I am not alone out there. I am hopeful to get BMW to fix this mess on their cars.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,477 Posts
A Diagnostic Trouble Code - DTC - does not identify a particular failed part to be replaced, but a symptom that may be caused by any number of failed components or adjustments to be differentiated among by execution of a BMW Test Plan© guide through the fault tree.

I believe that there is a two year parts and labor warranty on customer paid (not warranty) work (look to the left of your signature block on the receipt). Take advantage of this warranty. ***8220;C/S States CEL.***8221; Pay for the diagnostic, a minimum of one hour labor equivalent, and then authorize and pay for the cure. If the trouble/code reappears within two years then ride that warranty ***8216;horse***8217; into the ground. Do not let a stealership throw parts at a problem on your dime.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts