BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

News

890 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Pinecone
Just passing some info on: FYI. John Gardner found an article stating that Z4 manufacturing will move from Spartanburg to Munich! Spartanburg will add the new X6 to replace the departing Z4. No dates were mentioned in the article. The future of enjoying many, many more years of Homecoming certainly looks bleak…unless you all want to try an international trip to Munich!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
You got that from Cindyrella?

I guess we'll find out in September if they plan to continue HC...
CORONET said:
Just passing some info on: FYI. John Gardner found an article stating that Z4 manufacturing will move from Spartanburg to Munich! Spartanburg will add the new X6 to replace the departing Z4. No dates were mentioned in the article. The future of enjoying many, many more years of Homecoming certainly looks bleak…unless you all want to try an international trip to Munich!
A few hundred mad z owners show up at Spartanburg can have some effect :)
Worst case and I know its not the same, we can all still show up and do our own thing
although if the x6 looks like the X9 I might have to get one

OR we all go to oak drive in CT and have a tech fest :)
From the sales numbers of the Z4, and the combining of the lines with the X5, there is no need to try and move all the equipment across the ocean. Heck, even without combining the lines, they have the space from the Z3 line and the people who are not needed to build Z4s.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.