BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I too would like to know how I can access it. PM me too please.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Please send PM. Thank you

·
Private First Class
55 Posts
I would also like access. Please PM me the instructions. Thanks!

·
Registered
575 Posts
TIS was my go to place to research repair issues with my BMWs. Years ago it was possible to get shop manuals from all car makers but it seems they no longer want consumers to have the information needed to perform repairs. Please send PM with instructions on how to access.

·
Go Dawgs!
1,077 Posts
Somehow I managed to get back in. On that screen that says "This site is closed per demands of BMW AG." I noticed that below in the small text there was a link that said something to the effect that I "appeared to be a trusted user," or something like that. I can't get the page to reload with that link now, but when I clicked on it, it took me to a login screen. I didn't have a login, so I clicked Register, put in a username and password, and voila! I was in.

Interestingly, when I go back to that main page now, I don't see that link, so it was a one-off. I've even gone through my browser history to reopen a cached copy of that page, and nada. I also re-opened the cached page for creating my new registration and it didn't work again, so somehow, someway I managed to get in, but it was a one-off deal.

I'm furiously going through all the links for my E60 and saving the ones that matter (there are a LOT!) to my hard drive.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 116K miles NOKIAN WR G3 30K miles
22,031 Posts
I suggest paying NewTIS for your access. I suspect that they have had to purchase license from BMW. I bought a subscription months ago before the kerfuffle started. I can’t imagine what its value is now.

·
Registered
2018 220d MSport Sapphire Black
42 Posts
You can't pay Newtis the site is closed as per the demands of BMW AG
and who on earth is goimg to pay the extortiinate rates here
$30 for a day 😱

·
Registered
3 Posts
The site isn’t closed, it is restricted.
So I've been on a mission to find a manual for change my discs and pads on my 2015 F11 530D. I can do it like I do on cars normally, but I bought the appropriate kit from BMW and wanted to do it as per the workshop manual.

I have bought pre F10/F11 TIS software several times now with no luck, and cannot access newtis.com as I don't have an account.

What are people doing now for "manuals" please?

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm an idiot, thank you Marek. I hadn't used it for a while, and have it right in front of me. My mistake, thanks again.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts