BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW 6 Series Spied

There have been many rumors floating around about what BMW's plans were for the six series - including the idea to compete directly with the Porsche 911. Based on the latest spy photos, it appears as though the car will continue to have a sporty GT car look with some interesting features like an aggressively sloped roof line. The only sacrifice may come in regards to the Gran Coupe which already struggled to give rear head room to passengers.

BMW 6 Series Spied

Overall the photos indicate a wider and sportier stance for the already popular 6 Series. These are some of the best looking spy shots we have seen in some time with the potential for a real deviation from BMW's small iterations for their models. The new 6 Series will certainly come in a convertible form and we would expect them to somehow position the Gran Coupe into the line up given that it is one of the best looking cars in their line up.

BMW 6 Series Spied

The only real question for the 6 Series is what BMW plans to do with their upcoming 8 Series Coupe that will compete with the Mercedes S-Class Coupe and the Audi A9 Coupe. Everyone is expanding their product line and that means the prices keep pushing higher and higher.

What do you think of the photos and what are you looking for in the next generation 6 Series?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Looks promising, but from what I am reading, this car is going to be priced significantly above the current 6. Probably more like the S-class coupe.

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
big car not to have much of a back seat access or back seat.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
big car not to have much of a back seat access or back seat.
Living in a city, these large coupes are not a great choice. They're really big when you're trying to find parking, but the back seat is barely usable (I'm 6'2"). I'd much rather have a compact two seater like a TTS convertible or Z4 than a coupe that's 2' longer! I figure most people who can afford a 6-series probably have a second, "practical" car anyway.
The 6-series convertible sure is sexy though! If I lived somewhere less densely populated, it sure would be fun.

-James
Seattle, WA

·
Registered
117 Posts
Me too!

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Please excuse double posts - fun with uploading pictures. Tried to copy picture from my "Albums" on this site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts